Sharp

Adrien's POV:

I sat on my bed, contemplating whether I should go back and tell Marinette that I changed my mind and would, after all, want to go with her. That is, until Nathaniel came out of the bathroom, wearing the tight clothes I left for him. He was blushing, and his face was all I needed. I wouldn't go with Marinette to dance.

I walk up to him, asking how he felt.

"N-not good..." he said in an awful, raspy voice. I felt terrible.

"Come on, let's get you something to drink, something soothing."

I grabbed his hand, surprised at how cold it was, and dragged him to the kitchen.

I set a pot of water to boil on the stove, and sat him down at the table.

"Stripes..."

"Y-yeah?" he asked in that raspy voice

"I was so worried that I'd lost you! I couldn't do anything but worry and look for you! You mean everything to me!"

His eyes widened, teal flecks in a sea of white. He stared at me, surprised.

I took a deep breath. "The truth is, Nathaniel, I love you. I love you and your shyness."

He stared at me, then strode out of the room rather curtly.

A hole opened in my heart. I guess this is how Marinette felt. Does he not feel the same way? I put my face in my hands and sob, ignoring the boiling teapot.