Richie Tozier

Stressed Out

"You know, y/n, yesterday my dad told me I should stop being scared of things because I'm getting older and my fears are meant to shrink." Richie stated, looking towards my direction on the bed. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Oh? I didn't know you had fears." I replied, he sighed, falling onto his bed, his head facing the ceiling of the room.

"Not fears, insecurities. I care what everyone thinks." He frowned.

"And that's why you always act up around everyone, make fun of them. To defend yourself?" I asked him. He blinked slowly and nodded.

"Sometimes I wish we could turn back time to the good old days, ya know?"

"I mean, we're still pretty young. We're still technically in the 'good old days'." I giggled. He smiled at me and sighed.

"You know what I mean," he paused and laughed,"when we used to have those stupid kiddie sleepovers and my mom would sing us to sleep."

"When we weren't stressed out?" He smiled and nodded at me.

"Sometimes I think about those times, when we were young." He sighed. I smiled towards him. "But, I can't identify why exactly." I furrowed my eyebrows. "When I'm older I'm going to make candles. But I'd probably only sell one."

"Richie, are you fucking high? You lost me when you were talking about candles, but selling candles?"

"It'd probably be to my brother though."

"Richie?"

"Yeah y/n?"

"You do realise you don't have a fucking brother?"

"You got me there. I used to have one though, but he died when we were young. His name was Mike. I'd sell it to him. It would make us think about when nothing really mattered." He sighed.

"Can we stop talking about when we used to play pretend games?" I finally snapped, sick of all the weird shit he's talking about.

"But, baby, would it not be cool if we could fly a rocket ship away."

"Richie, shut the fuck up." I said cupping his face.

"What?"

"Stop focusing on the fucking past. Focus on now, I fucking love you Rich, but I don't like it when you act like you're in fucking drugs and talk about when we were kids, tall snout is now." I told him. His eyes widened.

"I-I like you too y/n."

"Nowwww when we're older we can talk about this as the good old days." I smiled.