Chapter Two : Kai's View

He spoke uncomfortably, softly, like he'd never done before, slowly, unspoken, a little bit of frustration in his voice.
"What is wrong with me for saying such things about her?" Cooper agitated himself.
"Something up?" Kai gestured towards him motionlessly.
"I guess, I can't tell."
"Funny. You know. Just don't want to talk about it," Kai asked, but implied at the same time.
"You're right. I said something wrong that would classify as judgemental," Cooper rioted so loud you could have swore Autumn heard it.
Truth is she can never get enough of Kai. Or Cooper. But she cared a lot about Justin, too.
By now, she's finished crying and I had walked into the room. I knew she needed a hug, but probably wouldn't accept it.
"Hey B," I spoke carefully, inching toward her and interlocking hands, her touch feeling cold and sad.
I had a feeling she was still furious about it but I let it go and she silently put her head on my shoulder. Autumn's heartbeat felt warmer to me than her touch did.
"You're taking too long to tell me why you were gone ALL THOSE YEARS," she said that sentence like it never mattered to me, which it did; very much. I didn't want to leave, but I had to. My spitefulness was lost when I left her, and longed to see her. But she still acts on a part where it never mattered to me.
"You know what? I cared. I had to go. And then once you see me again and recall on what happened, why I had left, when I had and you're even pestering me now to tell you. I care that you're here, that we're here. Otherwise, I would be gone right now. Most likely back to where I had left to," my words had burned clear, and straight through her hazel, sparkling eyes that now showed fear of what I said, what I spoke so indefinite to her face.
I let go of her hand and she grasped it again, for what I could tell was very hard. Then her grasp tensed, cooled down and she let go, leaving the room and pounding the floor as she went further up the hall, just to where I couldn't see her. I had felt my eyes tearing up, to where cold, and salt touched my lips. The tears dried up my thin lips and I felt very thirsty. But I still cried, where I hoped that I hadn't done anything bad, or at least not enough to make her more furious than she already was. My story would be spoken to her sometime, but only after I get over the abuse and the fault blamed to me that day, where my boss pinned it on me bluntly. I would never forget him and swore my vengeance on him to be sworn to death. My eyes closed for about five minutes, and as they were daydreaming of her and I before I left, her crying when I got called, when I packed and even when she hugged me so tight that I felt like my eyes kept closing for what felt so heated in the back of my mind. But even then I had ripped her off of me and left. I had never looked back, I remember3d, and this, I was forever in debt for. I broke her heart then without never knowing. I broke her, me, and her soul. She was going to have a hard time letting me break her walls again; I was sure of it. Now, I was the one that was being burned through, by my own thoughts...buried, into unforgotten love and...depression.