Chapter Three : Cooper's View

I had opened my eyes in horrible silence of what had been undone. Looking out my window I saw that the grave outside had been undone just an hour after we had filled it. I closed my eyes. When they opened, a new, very shiny ring was encased on my right ring finger, my eyes a little open and a little shut. I tried to tug the ring off and it wouldn't budge. This whole configuration confused me a little bit, but something else had caught my eye, steering me off course. The cross we had engraved over Justin's grave had been dug the other way, upside down. It was the sign of Satan, the pure devil himself, so to say. But who could have done this had really caught my attention. Who could have done this in such little time, when none of us were looking?
My voice had quivered over into my mind, 'It's nothing, you're just dreaming and this is a part of it.'
Somehow I didn't believe that.
I get up out of bed and everything changed. A colorful, fall, midnight sky. My head was filling with thoughts, and my limbs turned cold.
'All just a thing of winter.'
I expected a bear or something, just lying on the ground. Instead I hear a creepy noise.
"Grr..." it sounded close, like it was out the window.
And boy was I right when I looked out the window. I looked down and see this big, green, torn-up clothed ugly, ugly zombie at my feet, its snarling teeth clattering like the sound that bones make when clacking together. The zombie took a swoop at my clothing and had just barely missed. I grabbed my sharp blade off my waist and I stabbed him right in the back of the head! The zombie fell to the floor lying on my feet.
I picked him back up, threw him outside, shut my window and thought, 'It almost KILLED ME!'
I screamed this over and over into my head while running to Kai and Autumn in the house they're supposed to be in. I collapsed on the floor and my mouth gaped open to what I saw.