Chapter Four : Cooper's View

I saw all of my things packed and many of the things in the house were shattered.
'Oh my God, they fought didn't they?' my voice echoed inside.
Kai was sitting in the corner of the room, legs crossed and his head down. He didn't know I was here.
"Uh, hey," I spoke, softly but gently.
"Hey..." Kai's voice dragged on.
He was sorrow and he looked like his warm heart had turned cold. I could tell she started something; Autumn, I mean.
"What happened?"
I was eager to know, but dreadful looks crossed over my face.
"Well...she..."
"Did she break up with you...?" Uh oh. I said the wrong thing already. But I must know. "And why is my stuff packed up?"
"No. She didn't break up with me. And she packed up everyone's stuff. I think we're going to a safer place," Kai said coldly.
"Where is she?"
"Up the hall. She's sad I had to leave her," Kai said.
So I walked slowly up the hall and dragged my hands along the walls as I went. It felt good to be in the safety of a house. We couldn't be here for long. I just knew it.
"Hey, what happened?"
"Oh nothing, besides the fact Kai didn't tell me why he left," Autumn blurted out indefinitely.
"He probably had a good reason. And look!" I point at Kai, "He's here now."
"Um, thanks...I just want to know. It's something you're usually supposed to talk about when you get back unless it's private right?" Autumn concerningly asks.
"Yes; usually," I continue, "But you don't know if it's private or if it's too personal. Maybe something bad happened."
"True. Thanks, Cooper," she gives me a hug, and starts to walk off.
"WAIT!" I scream.
Autumn turns around and looks me into the eyes.
"Yes?"
"Why is my stuff packed up?" I ask, convincingly.
"Huh?" Autumn says, confused, "I didn't do that..."
"Neither did Kai..." I mumble.
"Huh? Did you say something?"
"Uh, I have to tell you something," I say.
"I'm listening..." Autumn speaks, uncertainty and boldness in her body.
"Today I saw Justin's grave unburied and the blessing cross was carved upside-down as a sign of Satan. My stuff was all packed when I came in and it wasn't either of you. I'm kinda starting to get concerned..."
"Well, you should get a goodnight's sleep...we'll figure it out tomorrow," Autumn said. I started to walk off. "And hey?"
"Yea?"
"I didn't break it off with Kai, I just don't understand why..."
"Why what?" I dragged.
"Why he hasn't kissed me yet. It's a little overwhelming. After all these years," she mumbled.
And I was out of the room, went to my supposed "bedroom," and slept.