the game

I laid down into the couch hoping for some solace in the pillow that I had played there earlier that morning when the doorbell rang, enticing me to get up.I sat up on the couch sighing as i pulled of his shirt and replaced it with my own. as I walked to the door it rang again making me walk faster to answer it.

When I opened the door I was met with mark standing there in a suit and tie looking extremely crisp.

"Um" I laughed as I looked him over "why are you dressed up"

"I just got back from something important" he smiled loosening his tie.

"So" I asked leaning against the door frame "what are you doing here"

"I just came over to see if you were up and if you were if you wanted to get a drink."

"sure" I smiled as I walked into my house and pulling him in with me." I just need to change real quickly."

As he walked in I just made a beeline to my room while fixing small things and picking up some loose clothes. When he took a seat on the couch I closed my door and changed into a bit nicer of a shirt but kept my jeans. I could hear mark laughing on the other side of the door as I opened it to get to the bathroom to brush my hair.

"Who is this" mark asked showing me a picture of me when I was younger and another woman with light blonde hair

"It...it's my mom" I stuttered as I took the picture form his hand.

"She's pretty" he smiled at me "where is she now"

"She...she died when I was 10."

"I'm sorry" mark looked at me with sad eyes.

"Its fine" I looked at him with a shrug with a tear gathering in my eye.

I could feel the air in the room change as mark walked over to me and gave me a hug making me start to cry. Mark was a few inches taller than me so when I rested against him his chin fell against the top of my head. I don't know how long we stood there just me balling and mark holding onto me.

When I moved to get away mark just held on tighter to me which made me feel a little bit better. Once my tears finally stopped I took a deep breath and pushed away from mark in a very ungraceful side step.

"Well are you still up for that drink" mark looked at me with a side glance as he headed for the door.

"Yea" I smiled as I wiped my face with my sleeve.

I smiled as he opened the door with a bow and gestured toward his black pickup. When I stepped in I looked round at the clean floorboards and the vacuumed seats. I leaned back in the seat as mark stepped in holding his keys in his hand.

As we took off down the road I inspected the area further to find that there was a sky light right above my head. I looked at mark with a devious look as I opened it and stood up in my seat. I screamed into the night at the top of my lungs as we passed blurs of buildings.

I couldn't stop laughing and smiling as I opened my arms and turned my face to the clouds as it started to sprinkle. Mark tugged at my pants leg telling me to get pack in the pickup. When I sat back down I couldn't stop smiling and it made mark smile along with me.

When we reached the pub I jumped out quickly and ran around the truck and pulled mark out of the truck. As I ran towards the pub I tripped over something hard and fell forward. I thought I was going to hit the ground so I covered my face with my arms only to feel something grab onto the back of my shirt.