When You're Falling in a Forest

A/N: Hey everybody! This is my first attempt at writing a story like this... so it might not be very good... I'm sorry! Anyways, be sure to tell me what you think of it! Sorry it's so short, I'm pretty busy with school... Tell me if there are any grammatical errors or typos.

Ethan's POV

I'm finally going to do it this time. I chickened out last time because I was so stupid. You can't even do this right, fuckup. But this time, I know what I'm doing.

I pick up my backpack and walk into the woods behind my house. I keep walking until I'm not sure how I would even get back, not that it matters, I think to myself. I get to a tree that looks sturdy enough to support me. I take off my backpack and pull out the rope I stole from the hardware store down the street last week. I smile down as I hold it, knowing that it will all be over soon.

I look down at my arms, scarred and ugly. No one will ever love you. I shake off the thought and try to concentrate on tying the knot that will end my miserable existence. I can't concentrate, though. My hands are shaking too much and I end up crying at the foot of the tree. Why can't I just be done with it all?

I throw down the rope in frustration as I stand back up. I don't know how long I've been sitting here. I look up at the tall tree, and get an idea. I bet falling from that high would work.

A/N:  Sorry for the cliffhanger.  I'll try to update frequently as I can if you guys want more...?