Chikiyu Erde

Why... What did we ever do to deserve this?

We've tried everything, but was it all for nothing?

Hope, is lost.

Survival, is impossible.

Humanity, is suffering.

Is this, the end?

Technology has advanced far beyond human capability, but is it really necessary? All we wanted was to change the world.

Status was everything in this world. We, as in me and my small group of friends, have started a rebellion. Little by little we changed the world, planting trees and saving animals were one of our jobs, but gathering forces from all over the world was our top priority--gathering weapons of mass destruction just to overthrow the Ones High Above.

But what we had found was something that we were never meant to find. Ruins, or some kind of dungeon, was lying beneath us all along. Finding the entrance took us more than a month, but finding people who'd believe in our cause to overthrow the Ones High Above was the hardest task of all.

Since no one would volunteer themselves, I stepped and did it myself, but some of my friends decided to join me. We vowed to each other that since we started this together, we have to end it together.

Gathering equipment and supplies, saying goodbye to the others, we started our journey that could take days, even months to find anything inside this dungeon. Having prepared for the worst, we went in, and the doors shut without any notice, and during that time we all knew that this is a suicide mission.

Just as we walked for a couple of meters, there it was, two paths. We didn't know which path to take so we decided to split up, Into groups of four. Just as we started walking, I and my group heard the cries of the other group. We ran as fast as we could, so we wouldn't be able to hear their cries of misery.

After days of walking, the path started to split apart again. This time, we all knew that one of us might die. Splitting up again we said our goodbyes and promise that we all will meet up at the other side of this dungeon. Going our own ways, we walk through the paths leading to the unknown.

Walking through the path I have chosen, I saw these writings on the walls. It's like they were telling me that I shouldn't be here. It's like they were telling me that that all I'll find was misery.

I ran through traps, avoiding each and every one of them, but I slowed down, exhausted, and an arrrow was shooting straight for my brains. I managed to slip down and escape the arrow's deadly course, but all I did was trade the frying pan for the fire, falling into an abyss.

I woke up from a never ending dream, not knowing where I was and how long I'd been there. As I tried looking at my surrounding, I noticed a faint smell of blood, and I followed it.

There I was staring at the ultimate weapon, a "Time Portal." As I approached it, I saw this wicked waterfall of putrid blood dripping from the sky, and as I looked deeper into it, I saw the corpses of my friends hanging by razor sharp stalactites.

I wanted to puke but decided to ignore it and interact with the Time Portal instead. As I approached it, I saw a message saying to choose either the world or my friends. Choosing was hard at first, but if this was about friendship I would've pick my friends but no! This isn't about friendship. This is about the Earth.

Without thinking too much I went and chose the Earth.

I could feel the energy flowing through my entire body, and I felt like something else was happening, something that I wasn't expecting it to happen, something that felt like death is coming for me. To pay for my selfish crimes by changing the world.

I let go of everything and decided to accept my fate.

100 years later

A mysterious man approaches, silently staring at the ground.

"It seems you were foolish to think about going back in time, if only you had listened to me, you wouldn't have died. You would've been able to change the world. No, to save it."

He left me alone in the cemetery to admire my own grave.

Here lies Chikiyu Erde, the girl that was loved by the Earth