Cafe |Part 1|

"You're telling me that we have friends?"

"The way you say it makes it sound really misleading, Soraru-san. Of course we have friends."

"Sorry, let me rephrase that," Soraru set his cup down on the saucer sitting on the table in front of him. "You're telling me that we have friends coming to meet us here?"

"Mhm."

"Who?"

Mafumafu grinned and raised his finger to his lips. "That's a secret."

Soraru sighed and looked around. Currently, they were sitting at one of the tables in the outside section of a nearby cafe. The area around them was bustling with the chatter of the occupants of the other and the hurried movements of the waiters and waitresses. Past the flower adorned black metal fence surrounding the perimeter of the section, there was a view of the street along with a little park in the center square. Cars drove past, and pedestrians traveled back and forth along the sidewalk. Above Mafumafu and himself, an umbrella canopied over their table, and it obscured the blue of the sky and blocked light of the sun, which in turn cast a shade upon them.

Returning his gaze back to Mafumafu, Soraru tapped the table once. "Is it Urata and Sakata?"

In an instant, Mafumafu's smile fell. "Aw, you could've at least pretended that you didn't know."

Letting a laugh slip, Soraru reached over and pinched Mafumafu's cheek. "You're predictable, Mafumafu," he teased playfully.

~<–>~