Admit

"No more beating around the bush. We need to talk, Soraru-san," Mafumafu stated firmly.

Soraru briefly glanced at him and away but nothing more. Mafumafu sat down next to him.

If Soraru wasn't going to start, then he was. "That day, when you confessed to me," Mafumafu started, "I was afraid, but most of all, I was surprised. My mind kept telling me to run away, to not accept, but somewhere inside me I thought, some people really do change, huh?"

"You didn't think I was lying?"

"The thought did cross my mind, but... you looked so embarrassed, it didn't seem like it."

"... You're so simple, Mafu."

Mafumafu opened his mouth to protest, but before he could, Soraru pulled him into an embrace. He buried his face in Mafumafu's neck and sighed.

"The reason..." Soraru tried again. "The reason I did what I did was because I saw you looking so naive, and you reminded me... of me... when I made mistakes. Too many."

"Soraru-san..."

He let out a defeated laugh. "It sounds like such a lame reason now that I say it out loud."

"We were young."

"Yeah..."

They were silent.

"Soraru-san, let me see your face."

"I'm sorry."

"It was only one year."

Soraru shook his head, and Mafumafu pulled away, looking into Soraru's eyes. He wrapped his arms around Soraru's neck and leaned forward. "We're okay."

Soraru let out a breath and smiled, pulling Mafumafu close. "Yeah."

~<–>~