Chapter 6

Chapter 6:

Ashley's Point of View:

"Would 'cha stop that?" Jinxx asked with annoyance as I continued to tap on the table.

"Hmm?" I said, looking at him blankly.

We were at our usual table in the cafeteria and I was honestly just bored. Ronnie wasn't at school, as it was gonna be about another three weeks before he was allowed back; best for his health apparently. Everyone else was here though; Mike and Vic talking with Deryck, Jinxx inputting things every so often.

"You've been tapping on the table for the past ten fucking minutes," Jinxx said in annoyance. "I get it; you're bored, but y'know, could 'cha stop?"

I just shrugged and went back to my own thoughts as he went back to the conversation. It was only Tuesday and I was already wishing for the weekend. It was so boring without Andy. He'd stopped answering my texts about an hour ago and I was now bored, wondering what he was doing that was more important than talking to me.

I sighed to myself and looked around the cafeteria, completely bored and wanting something interesting to happen; nothing interesting ever happened around here. I looked over to the popular table and saw Juliet talking to a couple of her friends; Matt must've been outside playing basketball with his friends, seeing as I couldn't see him anywhere. Juliet seemed to have moved on so quickly and she was now back with Sanders; kinda hurt to see in a way.

I wondered if it'd be different if Andy was still here. Just outta pure interest, I kept watching her. I was bored and had nothing better to do. After about five minutes of watching her talk to her friends, I noticed something didn't seem right.

I watched as she excused herself from the table and headed out of the cafeteria. I frowned and grabbed my things, planning on seeing where she was off to; stalker-ish, I know. Jinxx saw me move.

"Yo, where're you off to?" he asked with curiosity.

I looked at him.

"Uh...nowhere..." I said mysteriously, picking up my bag and standing up. "I'll catcha in class..."

Jinxx just gave me a strange look as I quickly left the cafeteria, really hoping I hadn't lost Juliet. Luckily for me, she hadn't gone far. She was just around the corner, leaning against the wall. She looked up as I came to a halt.

"Oh, hey Ashley," she said, looking down again.

"You ok?" I asked with a frown.

Juliet just nodded, but I could see something was wrong.

"You don't seem ok," I said, not wanting to push her for an answer, but really curious. "You don't look too well..."

Juliet just looked at me for a few seconds before she looked down again.

"Just don't feel too great," she said, really looking like she was about to be sick.

"Maybe you should go home," I suggested, shifting my position as she leant her head against wall.

"Can you just give me a sec?" she asked.

Without waiting for an answer, she quickly moved down the corridor and disappeared into the girls' bathroom. I frowned. Something didn't feel right about this whole thing; I just couldn't place what I was missing.

Juliet returned a few minutes later, looking a slight bit better.

"You alright?" I asked again, a bit concerned about her.

Ok, I knew we didn't really associate with her since Andy left, but I still felt like I should try and talk to her. Juliet just nodded and grabbed her bag.