Chapter 14

Chapter 14:

Ashley's Point of View:

There was a knock on the door and I ran down the stairs, always having to answer the door before someone knocked again. I opened the door and looked out to see Juliet.

"Hey Ashley," she said, brushing a piece of hair behind her ear.

"Um, hey Juliet," I said. "What's up? What can I do for ya?"

Juliet looked at me for a few seconds before she spoke.

"Think we could talk?" she asked.

I nodded and moved aside, letting her into the house. I closed the door and she followed me up the stairs to my room. I gestured for her to sit down as I sat on the chair at my desk. Juliet sat down cross-legged on my bed and I glanced at her as I looked at what I'd been doing before she'd turned up.

I was luckily the only one home right now, but I was sure my parents wouldn't be out in town forever, but then again, it was only around midday, maybe a bit after. It'd just be kinda weird for them to come home and find someone else, more specifically a chick, in the same room as me.

"So what can I do for you?" I asked, glancing at her again.

Juliet watched me for a bit as I browsed the internet and realised I had a message from Jinxx.

"I was just wondering if you've managed to keep it a secret," she asked. "I know you, so I'm nearly positive someone knows by now."

I glanced at her again.

"Um, no...No-one but us knows..."

She sighed. "You told Jinxx, didn't you?"

I looked at her and sighed.

"I'm sorry Juliet," I said as she shook her head and looked down. "It was an accident. I kinda just...said it."

Juliet looked at me again.

"Alright, I'll allow this," she said. "But as long as you don't tell anyone else, especially Andy, we shouldn't have a problem."

"Have you told anyone besides me?" I asked curiously.

"No, why would I have?"

I shrugged. "I dunno. Don't chicks tell their other female friends these kinds a' things?"

Juliet looked at me, her expression saying 'really?'.

"You'd be surprised Ashley," she said. "We don't share all our secrets with each other. You should feel special, seeing as you're the only one I've told."

"So you're one-hundred percent sure it wouldn't be Andy's?" I asked out of nowhere.

Juliet looked slightly caught off guard.

"I'm one-hundred percent sure Ashley," she said, though something in her tone once again made me wonder if she was lying to me. "I still don't even know if I am or not."

I looked her up and down with thought.

"You should probably get around to doing that," I said, Juliet just shaking her head in disbelief.

"You think I don't know that?" she asked with irritation.

I sighed and crossed my arms. "Look, I'm just trying to help. I'm no good in these situations."

Juliet looked down.

"I know, but you're the only one I trust with this," she said, looking up at me sadly. "I just don't know what to do."