2 ~ Two people this time

A few days later…

Cana’s P.o.V.

I’ll definitely take both of them today. Yesterday I was at the church again, and I told the old man there that I had another one of the little ones at the guild that I could bring over here, and he was so happy to know that. He even said that I should bring the entire guild over…*chuckles* well he is one funny and nice old man. So I decided to bring Romeo along with Wendy together this time, and it had to be those two, even if they didn’t want to. But little kids just did whatever, so it wouldn’t be too hard to get them to come with me. Especially Wendy, seeing as though she always loves meeting the little kids. As for Romeo, I guess he just looks cute together with Wendy. Maybe something interesting will happen…or am I thinking too far? Oh well, never mind that.

‘Wendy!’ I called to the bluenette, who was sitting with Charle, her Exceed, at the bar. She looked this way, and I waved to her. ‘Do you want to go to the church again? You know, the kids there really love seeing you!’ A smile widened on her face. ‘Of course, Cana-san! Why wouldn’t I want to go again?’ she replied, laughing. I gestured for her to come over, and she hopped lightly off her chair and came walking briskly to me. Should I just ask Romeo over now, or should I ask Wendy first? Hmm…eventually I decided that it’d be best just to ask Wendy first. ‘Hey Wendy, you wouldn’t mind if I took Romeo with us as well, would you? I think the kids will like his Rainbow Fire…’ I looked at Wendy with a hopeful expression on my face. She beamed back at me. ‘Why not? The more the merrier, after all, always.’

So it ended up with the three of us heading back to the church and the little kids.

Romeo’s P.o.V.

To be honest, I really didn’t know why Cana had asked me to come with them. She did say that it was because she wanted to show them my magic, but I sensed that there was a slightly deeper meaning behind that. Maybe it was Wendy who had asked Cana to take me with her…but why would she do that? And why me out of all people? I was just too curious and full of questions. I would have to just ask to get the questions out of my head, because I really wasn’t the type of person who could hold thoughts in their head for forever.

‘Cana-nee, just wondering, but why is it really that you’re taking me?’ I asked.

‘Didn’t I tell you, Romeo? They’ll love your magic!’ she replied.

‘Nothing more than that?’

‘What would there be…?’ she said, smiling at me.

But I knew she wasn’t saying the absolute truth. Maybe it really has something to do with Wendy, after all. Or something along those lines. Anyway, for the time being, I concentrated on walking. Well, until Wendy perked up, of course.

‘Cana-san, why aren’t you taking Romeo to the clothes shop like you took me there the other day?’ she said. I was surprised. Had Cana really taken Wendy to a clothes shop? And why there, out of all places?

‘Well, Wendy, I just…I guess I realised it doesn’t really matter anymore. Mind you, I did think it did at first,’ Cana replied, trying to make herself sound as though she wasn’t making up an excuse, although it showed clearly that she was. Wendy just took it as that, though. I looked at Wendy, walking next to me, and a thought hit me hard.

Wow, Wendy really looks gorgeous today. More than usual.

Suddenly realising what I was thinking, I hit myself lightly on the head and said quietly, ‘Get your mind right, Romeo. What are you thinking?!’ But it seems as though my plan of being quiet in saying that didn’t particularly work out.

‘What was that you just said, Romeo?’ Wendy asked me.

‘Uhh…nothing. I was just talking to myself. Nothing you need to know,’ I said, smiling at her.

‘But what was it, Romeo? I want to know,’ she said.

The pleading edge in her tone took the better of me.

‘Well…I was just saying…you look really pretty today, Wendy,’ I said nervously.

‘Oh, Romeo! Thanks a lot, you look great too!’ she said back to me, always with that beautiful smiling face of hers. Luckily, she didn’t seem to pick up the hidden meaning that was creeping up behind what I had said…well, not yet, at least. That was really lucky.

Wendy’s P.o.V.

That Romeo…I thought to myself, what’s gone in his head? That’s the first time he’s said anything like that to me. I decided it’d be best just to ignore it – he probably didn’t mean it in any particular way, like he explained. More than that though, I was getting all excited and upbeat again. We were getting closer to the place, and I just couldn’t wait to see the kids. Ever since that time I had first met them, I’d been getting closer to them, both as friends and an older sister. It was really different to hanging out in the guild, because in the guild, almost everyone was older than me, although I never felt strange being one of the youngest. It was going to be a fun day there, and better with one more person with us too.

A few hours later, back at the guild

We spend some really awesome time with the little kids today. They loved us so much, as they always did. As I was tired afterwards, though, I decided to go to my room at Fairy Hills, just to take a bit of a rest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, here's the next chapter. I think it's slightly longer than the previous one, but I might be wrong. How are you liking it so far? Please Comment, Suggest & Vote, they're always appreciated!

~Sky~