Chapter 3

No one else was there when I got home. It was fine though, I liked being alone.

"Who's there?" I head Bryan call out. I went into the kitchen, but I didn't see Bryan. The refrigerator door was open though.

"Bryan, shut the door, and put down the salami."

"How do you know I'm not a giant salami holding Bryan?"

I walked over to the fridge, actually laughing. Sure enough, Bryan was holding salami. He always got out salami if he thought someone was going to attack him.

"Hah! I made you laugh!" Bryan said, poking me in the stomach with the salami. I took it from him, and whacked him on his head with it.

"What the fuck was that for!" he exclaimed, rubbing his head.

"For poking me in the stomach, you asshole. Shouldn't you be at work?"

"No. Called in sick. But since I did, I feel surprisingly better. It seems like someone's in a good mood though," Bryan said in a sing-song voice.

"What's it to you?" I said, crossing my arms.

"You're just never like this. You're always so dark and sad."

"Whatever. I'm going upstairs," I told him, dropping my backpack at the bottom of the stairs and then running up them.

When I got to my bedroom, I just laid down on my bed and stared at the roof. When I was little, I'd put pictures of things like unicorns and kittens on the roof, so it would be the last thing I saw before I went to sleep. But now, it was bare. I wondered if I'd ever find anything else to put pictures of up on the roof and my walls.

I remembered back to lunch today. How Layla had talked to me about One Direction. I wondered if I'd even get posters of them and hang them up.

I got my laptop out from under my bed. It had dust all over it, due to me not using it for a while. I had forgotten about it, since it was hidden away under my bed. But I had to hide it. My siblings would like to walk by my room and take things in plain sight. So most of my stuff is hidden now.

My screensaver was a picture of a bunny. I guess I was into bunnies when I last used my laptop. Or I had just never bothered to change it. Because I'm sure I'd used it since I was 15, which is when I decided to be obsessed with bunnies.

"Stupid computer," I mumbled to myself, wanting to throw my extremely slow laptop across the room. Everything I owned was so crappy.

Just when I was actually about to throw my laptop on the ground (yes, I was standing up with it raised over my head), Google loaded.

"Finally, you retard!" Yes, I call my things retards. My bed was just called a retard the other day because it moved while I was sleeping and pushed me off.

Google was so plain. White background and the words with the colour pattern of blue, red, yellow, blue, green, red. Sometimes I like to be detailed when I'm talking about things.

"One Direction," I say to myself as I type it in the search thingy. Is that's what it's called? I wouldn't know.

My mouth dropped. Over 900,000,000 search results. For one topic. That's just... That's just really amazing. I'd like to be able to search myself one day and have that many search results.

I clicked on the first link, which was Wikipedia. I looked at the picture that came up. I tried to name them without looking at the caption. It was Niall, Louis, Harry, Zayn, Liam? No, that can't be right. I looked at the caption. I had gotten Louis and Liam mixed up.

I scrolled down, reading some parts as I went. British-Irish boyband... Best British single... Seventh series of 'The X Factor'...

Third place... Up All Night... Niall... Zayn... Liam... Harry... Louis... iCarly... BRIT Awards. Wow. This was a lot of stuff to read. But I went back and read it all.

I felt like I knew everything about them now. But Layla had been using terms that I had never seen once on here. Like 'vas happenin'? What the hell is that?

My stomach growled. 'No,' I thought. I've already eaten too much today. I don't want to be a big fat blob. One Direction wouldn't want to meet me if I was a beachball.

I went to Google images. Just as many pictures as search results came up. I just realised it, but these guys must be very popular. But I had never heard of them before. I'm not into knowing what's hot and what's not though, so that's probably why.

"Whatcha doing?" I heard a voice say from my doorway.

"Not much," I say to Mom as she comes and sits on the edge of my bed.

"Wow. I totally forgot you even owned a laptop! You never seem to use it," she said, taking it out of my hands.

"What were you doing? Just staring at the desktop?" she asks. I had closed off all of my tabs when she came in.

"Pretty much."

"Come on," Mom said, closing my laptop. "Let's go downstairs and make dinner."