Chapter 3

Sophie looked at herself in the mirror of her car as she pulled up outside the studio. It was days like this she wished she had straight hair, sighing at the hairs escaping her bun she took of her seatbelt and lifted her bag.

David was already in the makeup room, he knew he was really early but he had got her a drink and some pastries from a French bakery near his house. He looked in the mirror and sighed.

"David, don't be so stupid. She won't be interested in an older man.." He said to himself as he stared at his reflection.

He took off his tie and put it in his back pocket, then he unbuttoned the first two buttons of the navy shirt. He also took off his shirt jacket and hung it over the back of the chair.

Sophie stood in the bathrooms and bit her lip as she looked at herself. She was wearing a cream blouse which made her look slightly older, a black pair of jeans and a black cardigan. She wondered if she should have wore heels, he was awfully tall.

"Since when did I start caring what I looked like?" She wondered aloud as she applied some lipstick. Rolling her eyes at herself she walked out of the bathroom.

She made her way upstairs and opened the door again. She jumped when she saw David already there.

"Hello." He smiled cheerfully as he stood up, his hands in his pockets.

"Hey..." She said as she looked behind him and saw the pastries and two cups.

"I decided we could go with a treat.." He said, smiling down at her. She knew she should have wore heels.

"Wow..thanks." She smiled as he walked over to the table and lifted her a pastry. He handed it to her and stood back.

"Sit down." He said as he motioned to the chair.

"No, you take it." She said as she bit into the pastry and smiled in bliss.

"We could sit on the floor?" He joked, but she sat down and crossed her legs.

David couldn't help but smile, everyone else would be worried about the dirt of the floor. He sat down across from her and handed her the hot chocolate.

"Do you know you're a star?" She asked and he shrugged slightly, trying not to blush.

"Well, I try.."

Sophie just laughed and took a drink. He watched her carefully.

"You're makeup is different today." He said as he took a drink of his hot chocolate, hissing as the hot liquid make contact with his tongue.

"I was awake early, so I had more time."

"What woke you up?"

'The thought of being with you.' Sophie thought, wishing she had the confidence to say it.

"Uh, there's birds outside my window." She said and he nodded, moving closer to her.

"I'm a light sleeper myself."

"I usually can sleep the clock around, but I can't really sleep anymore."

"Hmm.." He said as he moved so he was right beside her, their shoulders touching. "But I read a lot."

"What're you reading at the minute?" He asked.

"Hannibal." She said and he looked at her, slightly shocked.

"But...that's a..."

"Sick novel?" She asked and laughed.

"No, just...different." He said and smiled at her.

"I like different."

"So do I.." He said as he leaned in closer, Sophie did as well.

His heart was pounding, he stared at her lips. He could smell her perfume, it was slightly musky.

"Knock knock." Came a voice from outside and there was Matt's head poking around the door.

"Hi." Said David dryly, he looked at Sophie who had sprang back. Her face was bright red.

"Um was I...?" Matt asked.

"No, David was just telling me about the makeup." Said Sophie and smiled at Matt.

Everytime she smiled, David's heart pounded. He didn't get this way with anyone else, he didn't know how to feel about Sophie. He'd known her for two minutes and she's affected him already..