Chapter Two

Mali Koy's POV

      When Minho first saw me I was afraid he wouldn't remember me but just like Alby did he did too. We hugged for probably a good two minutes straight, I mean what would you do after not seeing your twin for four plus years. 

      "What do you want to know?" I ask them, preparing to just here the simple 'everything'. 

      "Everything," Alby replies and I have to hold back an eye roll. 

      "This is the third maze I've been in. I've been with two other groups prior to being here in the glade. I help get the groups out of the maze." I tell them the simplest version. 

      "You can get us out of the maze?" Winston, the keeper of the slaughterhouse asks in disbelief. 

      "Possibly. I actually have to see the maze were dealing with, but even then I can't promise everything. I got group C out myself, but group B I had to bring in some friends WICKED didn't want to be involved so as punishment they threw me in here." I answer, making it clear I can't promise it'll be me who gets them out. 

      "Do you know why we were put in here?" Newt speaks up. 

      "That I'm still trying to figure out. That's what got me sent to group C in the first place. They had been doing testing on all of us from a young age. About two years after they'd started testing on us Minho and I were sitting together in the cafeteria minding our own business. It was normal for them to come and collect kids and take them away, we knew it would happen eventually we just didn't know when. They called Minho and me up together and took us to a lab. That's when they separated us. I never saw him again until now." I sighed. 

     "I believe her." Minho was the first of the keepers to speak up. 

     "Hold on, just because she says she's your sister doesn't mean you can just trust her." Gally protested. 

     "Both Alby and I remember her, that has to count for something, right?" Minho fought back. 

    "I'm with Minho on this one, I believe her," Winston replies.

      "Me too." The rest of the group except for Newt and Gally replied. 

    "Newt?" Alby asked his second in command. 

     "You better be bloody right, Minho." He teased, sending a small smile to me. 

    "Gally?" Alby asked the keeper of the builders. 

     "If something goes wrong, it's on all of you." He sighs, giving in. 

     "Welcome to the glade, Greenie." Alby welcomes me and the keepers cheer. 

     "So, who will she start with?" Minho asked as we hung out around the bonfire. I was seated between him and Newt, who I was slowly becoming more comfortable around. 

      "I think we already know." Winston joked, earning laughs from all the keepers. 

      Newt had been silently sitting next to me for most of the bonfire, adding a comment here and there. "Thanks for giving me a chance to explain." I thanked him, bumping my shoulder against his. 

     "No problem, Greenie." 

     "How long is that going to stick?" I groaned. 

     "Until the next one comes along." He chuckles. As he laughs I notice his whole face lights up when he does. I stare at him a little too long and awkwardly look away as we make eye contact. 

     "Great, so another month." 

     "How'd you know that?" He asks. 

     "Remember? I've been in two other mazes before this." I answer, jokingly tapping my head. 

      "I can't imagine-" He starts but I cut him off. 

       "I try not to think about it. The nightmares are enough of a reminder." I tell him with a sad smile. 

       "Don't worry, we'll protect you from the nightmares and anything else," Minho promises me as he places an arm around my shoulders, pulling me close. 

       I look around to who he was referring to and came face to face with the rest of the gladers who were all listening in now at this point. I looked from one to the other. I not only found my brother, but I found a new family too.