Chapter 36: Truths and Vices Pt. 1

(This chapter is short to prep for a heavier next chapter) 

"Despite what you all may think I didn't bring you here to kill you. In fact, I want to admit my fascination with each of you. I'm obsessed. I've internalized the experiences that you've had and used it to reveal what makes each of you tick."

Duncan paused and looked into the stunned eyes that stood amongst the grey fog in the plain plagued with dead grass and wild plants. Kash and Cammie were familiar with this feeling of not being fully in tune with the very essence of existing as human. Oxygen didn't exist here, nor did the involuntary action to breath. Sweating didn't exist although for some reason they could sense that wherever they were was immensely hot.

Slim's eyes were busy as he tried to make sense of his surroundings. Nothing felt real to him anymore. Numb as well was Travis who, instead of lashing out as he does when he isn't in control, rolled his lips tightly as he glared at the back of Kash's head. Don's shifty eyes carried over to this realm from his cocaine abuse. He focused on no one for too long, especially Carol Anne who looked over at him from time to time. Although she was scared, she searched his eyes for comfort. Don's efforts to escape his reality through drug usage made him feel invincible when he was able to place a barrier between him and the real world. It gave him confidence and pride and Carol Anne searched for that but he just looked wild. She gulped.

Ivan stared intently at Duncan's lanky dark figure. He towered several inches above Slim who was tallest here being 6'7. Even when he ceased to speak his wide, sharp smile never left and his horns glistened every time he turned his head. Ivan looked down when his eyes met the black eyes of Duncan.

Quincy's eyes welled with tears as he realized that he couldn't move and they had to remain scattered about this fog. He had no clue that a being such as Duncan could do this: to be. He wasn't religious yet he believed in a higher power and felt it's presence when the positivity he spoke into his life manifested. However, that warm feeling he got when he connected to the own power of his being couldn't compare to the vibrations emitting from Duncan. His stance wide and his body curved, oily and bent. He looked like he waited for one of them to flinch so he could attack, despite saying that he wasn't here to hurt him.

Becky furrowed her eyebrows. She scanned the group for London and he came up missing every time. Her eyes met with Duncan and before she could speak he continued, her voice falling within her.

"I've never revealed myself to any individuals that I've followed. So I do have you to thank for being that vessel," Duncan's eyes landed on Cammie and she meth is gaze.

"You said you have to reveal something to us so do it. I'm dying on a boat right now," Kash tilted his head to the side and caught Duncan's attention.

"What?" Cammie looked over at him but her feet were planted in the ground.

"Simone told me that you prey on love and the only reason why you are still around is because you can't break that over here," Kash motioned to everyone standing around him, "-I don't know what life you lived before that caused you to hate love so much but that has shit to do with us."

"There's nothing that I can do to break you all?"

"Nope," Kash flared his nostrils and shook his head in disagreement.

"What do you all think of forgiveness?"

Duncan's right arm shot out ahead of him and extended all the way to Slim's face, his palm covering it. Slim's arms went numb and they slumped at his sides as they all turned their heads to look on. Carol Anne screamed out of fear, trying to move but of course her feet were planted.