Chapter 77

"You never told me you guys dated..." Adym says, jealous.

"I dated him in middle school and some of highschool. No big deal." I reply, looking out the window.

"Well it seems like it's becoming a big deal.." Adym mumbles.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I ask.

"Nothing" Adym says, simply.

"Does it bug you that I'm still friends with my ex?" I question.

"No." Adym lies.

"Okay well then what about all of your ex's?" I ask.

"What about them?" He says.

"Are you still friends with them? Do you still talk?" I say, looking at him.

"No." He states.

"Sure" I mumble.

"Excuse me?" He says, trying to focus on the road.

"Oh nothing.." I reply.

"You seriously think I still talk to my ex's?!" He questions.

"I dunno.. It's possible. There's nothing wrong with being friends." I reply.

"Oh yeah but there's a slight problem. It's hard to remain friends when they cheat on you! I don't know if you've noticed but I don't have much friends! I only have you and Sawyer! Yeah I have my supporters but all of them have lives and school and work to go to. All the friends I make don't always like me for me. But you probably didn't notice because you're to busy with college.. Or you're probably to busy with Dylan!!" He states, clearly pissed.

His jaw tightens as I speak, "So what the fuck does that mean?! Are you trying to say I'm cheating?!"

"No. I wouldn't know.. That's not usually how cheating works." He says.

"Adym Alyxander Yorba! Are you seriously accusing me of cheating?! Why would I cheat on you?! Just because others have cheated doesn't mean I would! I can't believe you think I'm a hoe like that!" I say, hurt.

Adym takes a deep breath, realising he's taking it to far. He glances at me. He tries to meet my eyes but I refuse to look at him.

"Babygirl.." He says, "I didn't mean it like that."

"Really? Okay then what are you trying to say Adym?! All day you've been acting weird like somethings up! Do you even know how much trust you have to have in a relationship?! And then here you are accusing me of cheating even though you're the one acting weird! Yet, I trust you and don't say shit! Why? Because I love and trust you. But know I'm starting to question whether or not I should trust you!"

I begin to feel tears form in my eyes so I quickly face the window, trying to wipe the tears away.

"Babygirl I'm sorry.. It's just he pissed me off. The way he looked at you and he kept one-upping me and I just got carried away and I lashed out at you.. I'm sorry.." He explains.

"Adym.." I take a deep breath, "Not now. Just... Just stop okay?"

"Okay.." He replies.

The rest of the ride home is quiet. As we drive, my phone vibrates. I look at the reflection of the window and see Adym tighten his jaw as he hears my phone vibrate. His grip tightens on the steering wheel as we drive. We finally get home and I grab my backpack as he grabs the picnic basket. As we get into the elevator and go up, silence fills the air. The elevator door opens and we begin walking to the apartment.

"Babygirl.." He says, quietly, "Are you okay? I'm.. I'm sorry.."

"I'm fine." I mumble, "And I bet you are sorry."

He sighs as I open the door and walk inside. Sawyers sitting on the couch playing video games.

He smiles, "Hey"

"Hi" I say, plastering a fake smile on my face.

"Hey soi" Adym says, setting the picnic basket down and sitting on the couch.

Walking into the bedroom, I grab some leggings, my Xanarchy sweatshirt, a bra, and underwear and head for the bathroom. Once I turn the water on, I lock the bathroom door and lean against it. Today was going so well until Dylan ran up to me. I don't even know what was up with Adym this morning but I just wanna shower and lay in bed. After I shower, I braid my hair and get in bed. Setting my phone on the bed, all I do is think. Think about everything. Suddenly my thoughts are interrupted when Adym walks in. Immediately, I shut my eyes pretending to sleep.

Adym's Pov

I walk into the bedroom to grab my phone and I find Skylar on the bed. As soon as she hears me, she shuts her eyes and pretends to sleep. I try to think of something to say but I can't think of much.

Grabbing my phone, I lean over and kiss her cheek and whisper, "I love you. I'm sorry."

Standing straight up, I walk into the living room and sit on the couch. I sigh as I think about today.

"You okay bro?" Sawyer asks.

I explain what happen and Sawyer nods, taking everything in.

"Bro I walked into the bedroom to grab my phone and she heard me and shut her eyes so she wouldn't have to talk to me." I explain, hurt.

"Damn.. That's gotta hurt. Well I would give her some time. If she doesn't wanna talk then let her think." He says.

"You're right. It just hurts because I know I hurt her. I accused her of cheating. It hurts me knowing she's sad and it's all my fault.. What if she leaves me? I won't be the same.." I sigh.

Sawyer goes to say something but I hear movement in the bedroom.. Shit. What if she's packing to leave?! She can't leave..

Sawyer looks at me, "She loves you. She wouldn't leave. I mean she's hurting but I don't think that would happen.."

I try to think about what Sawyer says.. We love each other and I know she wouldn't leave. She can't. She had college. Besides, I don't think this would make her leave. She just wants some space.. Right?