I

At the time, it had seemed a day like any other. Key word, at the time.

"Come on, Alex!" Alby shouted, shaking me. I blinked, looking at the leader. "What is it?" I questioned, getting up. "We've heard the alarm. The box could come up any minute." he explained. I quickly put on a hoodie and strapped my machete around my shoulders. I then put on some shoes as I ran out the door.

"Morning, Alex." Frypan shouted from the Homestead. "Morning, Fry! You coming?" I yelled back. He nodded and I made my way to the boys gathered around the trapdoors. "Anything?" I asked Zart. He shook his head as the metal rattle became louder and louder.

A loud bang marked the stopping of the box. The trapdoors opened up. We looked inside, seeing our supplies and a Greenie. The usual. Some guys chuckled at the sight of the new kid while I opened the gate along with Matt. We all inched nearer, eyes still on the Greenie. "Go get him." someone urged Gally. He jumped into the box, examining our newest recruit. He pulled him out and with the help of a few other guys, the Greenie was thrown on the grass. We crowded him, jeering at the weak-looking boy. "I could use some help in the kitchen." Frypan commented. The boy got up and ran towards the Maze. "Hey, we've got a runner!" someone joked.

The Greenie ran and ran until he tripped over something. "Oh, shit." I laughed, leaning on Gally's shoulder. The others clapped and cheered as the Greenie got up, taking in his surroundings. "Let's take him to the Pit." Gally announced, marching towards the new guy. I ran towards Homestead, gathering my keys to the Pit. When I got there, Gally had already thrown the new guy in the hole. I threw him my keys and he locked the door, walking away. "Can I get my keys back?" I asked. The tall guy chuckled and handed me back my keys.

After that, I went back to the box to help unload the supplies. "Hey James! Where the hell did you leave my supplies?!" I yelled. The blonde guy pointed at a backpack with my name on it. I slung it over my shoulder, grabbing the Med-Jacks crate as well. "Anything else in that direction?" I wondered, nudging at the med's hut. Gally shook his head and I made my way towards the wooden building.

I looked around for a bit, seeing the Greenie getting a little too close to the Maze entrance. Alby must've shown him around. "Gally!" I yelled. "Yeah, I see him!" he shouted, running towards the entrance. I dropped the crate at the med hut's door and ran towards the Greenie, several other Gladers following.

By the time I got there, Alby and Newt had managed to calm down Greenbean. "We can't let you leave." Alby explained. "Why not?" Greenie fired back. I heard the usual mechanical clatter and a gust of wind followed. Then, the doors closed, securing us from the Grievers. "Next time, I'm gonna let you leave." Gally commented, before walking off. I followed him, eventually walking towards my hut to drop off my backpack. I took out my monthly supplies, storing them in an overhead cupboard.

"Hey Alex?" Frypan spoke. I spun around, seeing him in the door opening. "I need your help in the kitchen. Pork won't cook itself, y'know." he laughed. I smiled as I followed him to the small kitchen.

Once I got there, I began cutting up some pork, handing it to Frypan for marinating. After that, I cooked it in a pan above a makeshift furnace before tearing the meat to pieces, adding some more sauce for it to boil in. By the time we were done, Gally came in. "Out. Both of you." He commanded. He was gonna make his secret 'fuel' as he liked to call it. And God help anyone who saw his recipe.

I walked through Homestead, looking for Alby. "What brings you here, beautiful?" Zart wondered, smiling at me. "Shut it, slinthead. I'm looking for Alby." I stated, looking around. "He's with Newt." Zart said. I sighed. "And where's Newt?" I asked aggravated. Zart laughed quietly. "Alby's hut." he told me. I nodded and walked off.

The Glade was quite peaceful this time of day. Most of the boys were getting ready for the bonfire. "Alex! I've been looking all over for you!" Alby exclaimed, running out of his hut. "I've been looking for you too." I told him. He let out a breathy laugh. "Med-jacks have been asking where the hell their supplies went." he wondered. I mentally face-palmed, remembering I dropped the crate. "Shuck! Uhm...I think I left the crate a few yards from the box." I mumbled, rubbing my neck. "Alex, Alex, Alex...always the clumsy one." Newt tutted. I scrunged my nose at him.

"Anyways, I was wondering if the Builders could check out my roof, it appears to be leaking again." I asked, crossing my arms. "I'll ask Gally to take a look at it." Alby reassured me. "Can't you fix it yourself, master builder?" Newt joked, smirking at me. I shook my head annoyed, walking towards the gardens to get some food for tonight.