13

Annabeth's POV:

It's pointless.

All the searching.

We're never going to find him, and even if we do, it's probably going to be too late. He'll be dead, or brainwashed, or worse. There's no reason in trying to find him. We don't know anything, and it's been weeks.

There's no point in anything. Percy's gone, and whoever took him is probably too powerful for us to handle. We can't fight whatever this is. Not when we don't even know what we're up against.

Not without Percy.

Not like this.

We might as well give up now. It'll be so much simpler.

"Hey, Annabeth!" Piper called, jogging up to me. "Emergency meeting in the big house."

"What for?" I asked.

"I'm not sure. But I think one of the campers might have found something. Come on!"

I followed her quickly to the big house.

Why are we even doing this? I thought. It's hopeless and they all know it. Percy is more than likely dead. We should've just asked Hades in the first place. It would have saved a lot of trouble searching.

As we stepped into the big house, I noticed that every other head counselor was there, including another young Hermes boy. He couldn't have been more than 13, and seemed rather excited to be here.

"And I swear to you, there was an actual Cyclopes guarding the door! It must be where they're keeping him!"

"Woah, what?" I asked. "What are you talking about?"

"Gaven found an old wear house that was guarded by monsters." Will explained. "In fact, the areas been searched in the past, and there was an attack. I think it's certainly worth checking out."

Chiron nodded. "Yes. We should assemble a group to scout the area and report anything more. But we must be careful. If this is their camp, we cannot scare them off, or alert them of our presence. We may have the advantage. Jason, take Gaven and two others of your choice, and see what you can find out."

Jason nodded and led Gaven out of the room.

The meeting was dismissed, and I walked out of the Big House and towards my cabin.

When are they going to just give up? I thought. Can't they see that it's all pointless? He's dead. Or worse. This is a waste of time and energy. Percy's gone, and this time he's not coming back.

It's over.