Chapter 4: Joanna

Chapter 4: Joanna

The food on my plate doesn't look appetizing as I stir it around.

"Don't play with your food Joanna. They need you to be healthy for the examinations today." I put down my fork and stare at my food, wishing I had "the force" to put my food in my stomach and skip my mouth completely. "Joanna come on, just eat one bite."

I cut off a small piece of my pancake and eat it. Even though these are my favorite breakfast foods, it tastes like lard going down my throat.

"There, now was that so bad?"

"Uugghh." I slump out of my chair and set my plate on the counter.

"Joanna, please get in the car," my mother says as I am half way up the stairs. I take a deep breath and turn around to go to the garage.

Once buckled in, I immediately look out the window, giving my mom a sign that I am tired and not in the mood for anything. But today I am not only tired, and not in the mood, I am trying to get an idea for things I want to draw. Nature is the best place to start.

"So, this is it sweetie,"

"Mom, don't make this as awkward as this car ride has to be." And from there on the car was dead silent until we reached the hospital, which was more awkward than before.

"Joanna Hills?" a nurse calls out. We walk with her to an MRI room, "We are going to have to ask you to step outside ma'am." My mom gives me a look then walks outside the door. "Alright, if you could please put this gown on and the doctor will be in in a minute." She pointed to the hospital gown laying on the MRI bed.

"Thanks."

After a little while there was the doctor like she said.

"Hi Joanna, go ahead and lay on the bed. We will start the MRI. But let me remind you that you must be completely still or it won't work."

"Okay." I knew I had to lay still, but it was rather hard because I had so much on my mind. I closed my eyes and the machine started up, taking me in with every second.