Chapter 2: Joanna

Chapter 2: Joanna

Waking up hurt. More than usual. I didn't have to work out or strain a muscle, it was just a routine. For my birthday my mom had actually bought me a bottle of Aleve and every night she would give me a glass of water so in the morning I could just take one so I don't have to crawl downstairs. Yes, this is how my day rolls. They always say that an Aleve a day makes the doctors stay right by your side until they finally notice tumors. Eeewww. So as usual I took some Aleve and laid in bed for a while because I had nothing better to do.

"Come down please, breakfast is nearly ready." My mom shouted from the kitchen.

The beautiful light shone through my window. Living on the coast of Delaware was extremely fun because the ocean was in my backyard. It was also in Shannon's and everyone else that lives on Elmwood Drive. Or at least on the right hand side of it.

"I'll be down in a second." Today was Friday and my mom, thank goodness, said that I could skip school because it was only a half day and Shannon wasn't going either.

"Well you said you would meet Shannon at the park so get going Joanna." Yes, that is going to cheer up my day. The park was the best place for me to do my artwork. You see, I'm going to be a professional artist one day. But not on a canvas because canvases give you limits, I enjoy chalk art. Now you might think that 'how am I going to be professional artist with chalk?' Well go do some research and see how many artist draw in subways in New York or these beautiful 3d street art and are as famous as Claude Monet.

I hop out of bed so I can get dressed to meet Shannon.