Chapter 16: I Love You

MINOR SMUT WARNING, I GUESS

Luke's POV:

I can't fucking believe her. I confessed my feelings, she rejected me. I cared for her, she didn't accept it. Now, so suddenly, she's scared to lose me? Not having it.

I'm trying to get over her and now she's just playing with my heart. She wants to stay friends and she goes and says some shit like that? That's what couples say to each other. And from what happened earlier, we're not a couple.

This felt childish. Laying next to her with my back acting as a wall. I wondered when this awkward tension was gonna end.

"Luke?"

"Yes, Ebony?"

"I really am scared to lose you."

I sat up in the bed and rubbed my temples that were starting to ache.

"Ebony. Why are you doing this?"

"Doing what?"

"Playing with me. Playing with my fucking emotions. I'm trying to get over you and you're only making this harder."

"Why are you trying to get over me?"

"You obviously placed me in the friend zone earlier. We kissed, Ebony. Basically made out in the middle of a damn orchard! How are you gonna fucking forget that?! I want us to be more, but in order to be friends I gotta get over seeing you as something else."

"I didn't forget. I just... don't know what to do." She messed with her hands.

"No shit."

"There's no need to be an ass about it!" She sat up to meet my eyes.

"I'm not being an ass!" I yelled.

"Yeah you are!" She met my tone.

"No. I'm. Not!"

"Just because something's difficult doesn't mean you gotta make it difficult for someone else!"

"How is this difficult on your part?! Last time I checked, rejecting me seemed pretty simple, Eb!"

"There's more to it than that!"

"Why can't we be more?!"

"We can!"

"How?!"

"Because I love you!" She said furiously.

I stared angrily. I knew my face was still scrunched up. Then, both of our expressions melted away into a soft one as we realized what we had said to each other.

"I love you," she repeated.

As soon as she said that, she was the first to move in. She moved quick, giving me little time to realize what was happening. But I knew, and I loved it.