※ i ※

lee

Chance Dougherty had decided that it was the perfect day when he came across a retro-styled diner not far off his new apartment that morning. He had just recently moved in to a low-populated apartment in a small neighborhood for he had been relocated due to his promotion.

He entered the almost empty diner with a small smile playing on his lips, making sure to not bump his precious camera that hung around his neck on the diner's door.

He walked up to the counter and sat on one of the red-cushioned barstools. A girl with striking cerulean eyes and lustrous golden hair that seemed all too familiar greeted him with a bright smile on her face. "Hi! Welcome to Diner Dash. What would you like to have?"

Chance was utterly speechless. He never thought he would see Lee Schneider again. Upon finishing high school, he left his hometown to study in New York city, accepting the fact that graduation day would be the last time he'll see her, which was five years ago.

It was everything he thought it would be.

The students around him, scattering throughout the vast field behind their school where they held this year's graduation ceremony, all had smiles etched onto their faces as parents, teachers, and fellow students congratulated them with bits of confetti falling over their figures, and Chance took all the chances he could get to capture snippets of the moment with his handy black camera.

"Hey Chance!" He withdrew himself from the camera's viewfinder and turned to look at Ian Campbell, a lanky boy with curly brown hair who used to be in his Literature class, waving for him to come over.

Ian posed with the girl beside him when Chance reached them. "You're taking photos for the yearbook, right? You mind taking a pic of us?"

Chance smiled, shaking his head. "No, not at all. Give the camera a big smile."

The tall boy laughed at his last remark while the girl simply smiled and Chance took the opportunity to capture the image of their happiness.

A figure behind the pair caught his eye before being awestruck at the sight of a brightly smiling Julie Schneider, her face appearing to be glowing with radiance as she conversed with her friends.

Chance spared no time and immediately took a photo of her. Lowering his camera, he found himself staring at her with a smile of his own.

"You should go talk to her. I heard she doesn't bite."

Chance jumped at the sudden voice before turning around. Avery Lincoln faced him, a knowing smirk playing on her crimson lips.

"Avery you kno-"

"This'll probably be the last day you'll ever see her, Chance. You've been crushing on her since the first day of high school. Go on, take your name, and just say hi." The shorter girl with raven hair and pale skin lightly pushed him toward the direction of Lee.

"Take my name?"

Avery rolled her tawny eyes. "Take a chance! Go!"

Chance staggered when Avery gave him a forceful push and before he knew it, he was behind Julie Schneider, gripping the camera on his hands as her friends nodded toward him, causing her to turn around.

He gave her a sheepish grin. "H-hey, Lee."