Deceit

Prompt: "I have to lie. It's what I do."

Pairing: None

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have to lie. It's what I do. It's what I've been created to do. I have to protect Thomas from everything and that includes me. 

Until Roman made a mistake. A huge mistake. He's the one that blurted out to Thomas there are 'others' and of course he's curious. And lucky for me, no one else said anything they just sunk out. But I was there, watching. 

"What was that Roman!" Virgil was the first to speak up. No one noticed me...yet. Or they had and they didn't acknowledge it. 

"It just slipped out, it's not like I tried," Roman countered. 

"Now now kiddos," Patton stood between the two. "I thought you both were getting along,"

"That was before Roman blurted that out. Now Thomas' is wondering what the heck is going on. And who gets the effects of that. ME!" Virgil ranted. Everyone was in stunned silence. 

"Don't worry Virgil," I spoke up. "Everything's perfectly fine." He rolled his eyes at my sarcasm.

"Hi Deceit," Patton waved at me. Now it was my time to roll my eyes. I was the villain. Always lying. Always hiding something. Virgil glared and stormed to his room. 

"Thomas is never going to know about me now," I laughed walking off to my room. I need a plan. I need to make Thomas aware that I am here. I have to now, whether I like it or not. I just need to wait for the perfect time. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stayed in my room for a couple day or was it weeks? My clock never tells the right time and I can't ever tell. But I heard bickering. It wasn't unusual to hear it, but it was when it involved yelling.

"It's YOUR fault," Virgil was yelling. "He's going to lose his friend!"

"But Thomas could've missed his chance at finding true love," Roman countered. I listened to their bickering.

"Thomas is going to want to know what's going on," Virgil remarked. "He's going to want to know what to do! We screwed everything up."

"Now now kiddos, no fighting. It doesn't get us anywhere," Patton interacted. "Fine whatever," Virgil stormed off.

They trust Patton. He's honest. He's kind and he's everyone's friend. And he's the perfect victim.