Part 4

PART 4

PART 4

After arriving at Yo's dorm, I climb up the stairs to his floor. Why can't shitty Yo be in a building with an elevator?? Stepping into the hallway, I barely avoid a head-on collision with a very agitated Phana. Yo's crush doesn't look up at me or apologize and hurries down the stairs with a scowl plastered on his face. It's a wonder to me how my best friend can like this guy. Sure, he's tall with a handsome face and great grades, but the guy has the worst personality. He's a fucking player with a bad attitude. Maybe Wayo likes bad boys. It's a depressing thought but it would make sense considering how innocent and protected Yo has been all his life.

Raising my hand, I knock on the door to Yo's room loudly. My friend is known for sleeping in so it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he's still curled up a cocoon of blankets which is, admittedly, really adorable. He didn't answer the phone this morning and probably has no idea that we have a damn meeting this morning.

"Ai'Yo! Asshole!" I shout at the door hoping to wake his lazy ass up. "Why didn't you pick up any of my calls this morning?!"

The door jerks open quicker than I thought it would and Yo is standing there in his sleepwear with wide eyes and messy hair. Damn him if he still doesn't look cute as hell, maybe even the tiniest bit sexy, coming straight from bed. Shaking my head to clear those thoughts, I push my way into his room.

"Hey! You are awake. What the fuck were you doing?" Leaning against his dresser, I fold my arms and stare at him. It's not normal for him to be up this early. I wonder if he was spying on Phana again? Of course, that makes me wonder what Phana was doing on the same floor as Wayo. Is his room on this floor, too? Fuck, I hope not or Yo's stalker tendencies might reach new heights with such easy access to his crush.

"That should be my question. What the fuck are you doing here? It's early." Wayo runs a hand through his hair as he grumbles at me.

"Not early at all. We're suppose to be at the Moon and Star meeting at 7:30." I give him a quizzical look as I pointedly look down at his current attire. While I am enjoying the view of his sleep attire, I'd rather not have everyone on campus drooling over this friend of mine and it really isn't appropriate for the meeting. "What are you doing? Why aren't you ready to go yet?"

"Really?" He grabs his phone off the nightstand in a panic and scrolls through it. "Shit. Shit. Shit. How do you even know about this schedule?"

"Well..." Scratching my head, I give him a sheepish grin. It's not like I can tell him that I purposely joined because of my own stupid jealousy and to protect him from all the perverts.

"You are the Engineering Moon, aren't you?!!!" He screeches at me in disbelief, not even bothering to ask if it's true.

"Yes. I want to help you chase your p'Pha and it's fun to be nosy, so I jumped into the Moon competition for my faculty. Damn, it wasn't easy to win this spot either! There are so many handsome guys in my program." It's a bit of an exaggeration but Yo doesn't need to know that. The other guys were good looking but I was confident that I would come out ahead. The others didn't stand a chance. I had some strong incentive to win.

"You did this because you wanted to help me or to satisfy your own nosiness?" He asks skeptically. This person thinks he knows me so well but he's only partially right.

"The last one," I admit freely with a wide grin.

"Asshole." He tries to smack my head in annoyance but it's easy to catch his hand before it connects.

"Stink mouth!" Holding his hand brought Yo closer to me and a whiff of his breath nearly blows me over. "You smell like shit. Go take a shower already! You'll want to look good for p'Pha."

After a soft shove to hurry him along, Wayo scurries into the bathroom and I'm left alone in his room. The first thing to catch my eye, of course, is his collection of Phana photos on the stand in the corner. This is not the first time I have had a deep desire to draw devil horns or mustaches on those pictures. The thought make me snicker and I turn away from the temptation. Yo does have a small photo of the two of us sitting on his desk. My arm is over his shoulder and we are smiling happily. Seeing that sends a small pang to my heart and I'm pleased to have at least a small place in his room.

A few minutes later and I hear the shower turn off. Yo rushes out in nothing but a towel showing off lots of pale, smooth skin that glistens from the water still clinging in droplets. As he grabs his uniform off the hangers, the towel slips slightly giving a glimpse of the top of his ass before he catches it and runs back into the bathroom. It takes a moment for my heart to start beating again. Damn this friend of mine. He makes it difficult to not want more, to remember that we are just friends.

Stepping over to the window, I look outside to distract myself. There's no point in wanting more when it is clearly never going to happen. Wayo is completely stuck on Phana and has been for years. It's enough that I get to be his best friend, the one he trusts the most. Like this, I will always be by his side. My head firmly back in the proper place, I greet Yo with a smile when he leaves the bathroom dressed properly and fresh faced.

"I'm ready now, ai'Ming. Lets go!" He grabs my hand, sending a warmth up my arm, and drags me out of the room.

----------------------------------------------------------

-a/n-
How is everyone enjoying the story?
Should I keep going?