Part 5

In the competition meeting, we see so many pretty Stars and handsome Moons. Jae Ging, who I find out is Yo's personal pageant "trainer," grabs my friend as soon as he steps out of my car. He flutters his hands with feminine abandon as he gives a big lecture about how much trouble Yo caused him this morning by not answering his phone calls. It only lasts until he sees me step out from the car. He comically stops mid-sentence and swallows the rest of the lecture immediately. Ever since puberty was good to me, I've found that I have this sort of effect on gays and katooeys. I would think they'd go for Yo's pale skin, pretty eyelashes, and cuteness but maybe they see him as one of their own and not potential manmeat.

"Are you two just friends?" Jae Ging looks between us with speculation and more than a bit of interest directed at me. "Or boyfriends?"

"Ha Ha Ha Ha!" Nervous, I force a laugh. There's no way I can answer that question so I stay silent with a wide smile. We aren't boyfriends but I can't get the words past my lips. I know I'm not the one Wayo wants but that doesn't mean I have to admit it outloud.

"No, krub," Yo replies, giving me a hard look when I don't say anything. "This is my friend."

"Oh, good. It's good that Yo has a friend joining in the competition because this year might take longer than previous years. There's a huge budget this year. We have to go take some clips outdoors, too. Too much. Such a rich campaign," Jae Ging complains happily. "But, on the other hand, we have so many handsome people this year."

Yo and I look at each other and shrug. I guess it's no surprise that Jae Ging is only focused on the handsome moons and not the pretty stars.

"I'm predicting this right now. Your friend has the most potential to become a Campus Moon this year. This handsome Moon from the Engineering School." Jae Ging continues to babble on to Wayo as he leads us further into the large room filled with the Moons and Stars from the other majors and the event committee workers.

"Where is P'Pha?" After sitting through being fussed over for hair and makeup, I scan the room for the umpteenth time for Yo's elusive crush. It's not that I really want to see him but I imagine Yo would like to see him again. As the previous year's Campus Moon, he's supposed to be here helping to take care of the new crop of contestants. There are many flirtatious glances thrown our way from both girls and boys as they try to gain our attention but I skip over them as I search the room again. Yo wouldn't notice somebody flirting with him if they came up and kissed in on the lips and I'm not interested in anyone who isn't my best friend.

"That should be my question, shouldn't it?" Yo turns to look at me with his brow raised.

"I know that you are going to ask. You've been looking around since we arrived, so I am helping you look." No matter what, I have to tease him. Besides everything else that I may or may not be feeling, Yo is still my best friend and the one I love to tease the most.