Chapter 4| Finally!

Chapter 4

It all started one day when Kianna decided to go on a break for once and Jivan dragged her to the nearest village for the Festival of Flowers. It took five scoldings from angry shipowners and six escapes to get her to enjoy the day.

So around the afternoon, while she struggled to pull his foot from a big pile of poo (long story), the idea struck her mind as if it were lightning.

Standing up quickly, she let go of his leg, making what little progress they had all for nothing, and grasped his shoulders intensely. "Jivan, I need your help."

He rolled his eyes, saying sarcastically, "And right when we were having such a nice time."

For some reason, that statement made her heart stutter for a moment. She frowned, before turning her attention back to the idea. "C'mon, I need to test this one out. I promise that you won't fall from the roof this time." She grabbed his wrist and dragged him towards their hiding spot.

"Why do I help you with these schemes?" he said to the sky, "they only bring me pain."

"It's because I'm THAT wonderful," she retorted.

"Nah," he said, and added in a much quieter tone so that she couldn't hear, "or because she's cute when she's happy."

"What did you say?"

"Nothing!"

≈≈≈≈≈≈

That night, Kianna went on the doorstep of the hut and knocked the door. Jack opened it cautiously. Seeing that it was her, he sagged in relief, "Oh good, not a tax collector."

She sighed, exasperated, "No, I'm a fairy, here to poke holes in your logic."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that you live in the middle of the woods, how can somebody, let alone a tax collector, be willing to come here and get money?" she said, feeling exasperated at his apparent obliviousness.

He pointed at her, "You willingly came here."

"Psh, I had a good reason," she said.

Jack touched his chin with his index finger, and brightened up, "Jivan willingly comes here."

She considered it for a moment, "Well Jivan's... Jivan." She didn't know what she meant by that.

"You might have a point, but I'm still going to check."

She almost sighed, "Fine, do what you want."

"Good, now why are you here?"

She smiled brightly, "Well, I was wondering if you could come with us to the camp fore tonight."

He narrowed his eyes suspiciously, "N-"

Quicker than he could blink, Kianna shot forward and planted a brief kiss on his mouth. Jack was left stunned.

Kianna, on the other hand, was rubbing her lips until they were raw. She spit at the ground, "Okay, that stunk, ugh!" she spat again, this time with an even bigger wad. The ladies maids would have fainted if the saw this.

Jivan dropped from a nearby tree and landed on his feet. He was laughing hard, "I can't believe you did that!"

"Me either," Jack muttered, rubbing the point of contact with his shirt, "that was disgusting."

"I know!" she yelled back, and brightened up, "but did I complete the challenge?"

"Yes!" he said grudgingly, "you completed it."

She threw up her hands in victory, dancing around, "I destroyed you!"

"You've been spending time with Jivan, haven't you?" he said weakly, looking at the currently laughing boy.

The way he said that made her wonder if that was a bad thing. "Yes," she said slowly.

He sighed, aggravated, "Of course."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment Please! (If it's not a nice one, then say it in the gentlest way possible)