Chapter 1

"Are you happy?" My best freind Kaila asks me. It's such an easy question to answer for most people. But I'm me and nothing is simple. So I do what I do all the time. I lie.
"Of course I am."
"Nina please tell the truth, I saw the cuts." How I hid them so well.
"What? What are you-" I was cut of by a loud ringing. After laying there I figured out it was my alarm going off and some one yelling.

"Nina get up it's seven o'clock" Giena yells.
I was about to respond by a lot of cursing and grumbling when I remembered what I told myself last night, be happy, Nina, be happy.

"Alright I'm up!"
'What is up with those dreams thats the third one this week?' I ask my self as I get up and walk over to my small closet that is packed full of my clothes. But I will not complain, I will never complain. I love my clothes, and my shoes. I have at least seven different colors of sneakers, ten different pairs of boots, sandals, and tennis shoes. Not including  my heels, stilettos, and flats. They are almost my most favorite thing on this awful planet.

After some browsing I choose a red, loose Fall Out Boys t-shirt and some black skinny jeans with red converse.
My fashion idea is loose shirt, tight pants or tight shirt loose pants. Other wise you look like a homeless person or a hooker, at least in my opinion.
After changing I put in my spiked dark purple eyebrow piercing, my blood red nose peircing, black lip piercing and lime green lip piercing. I know alot alot of piercings but that don't include the three I have in both ears. But for those I just put in some simple silver chains that connect all three. Then I slip on my black and blue bracelets that wrap all the way up to my elbow, where my bird tattoo stops. I also have a ball and chain on my ankle, a butterfly on my neck. The wings wrap around my neck and look like they are slowly strangling me. Other than that I have a qoute on my wrist that says "If not now then when". My newest one is on my ribs. It's a quote that says "The louder I scream, the less my cries are heard." With a vine around the words with flowers but if you take the time to look at it, each flower has a petal missing and is replaced with a razor blade. Don't ask why I got that one I don't know, I was drunk at the time. A simple drunken mistake. One of the last things I do is put my dark purple hair in a side French braid.

You might want to know who I am. I am Nina May Huggins. I am 18 and have some "issues". My doctor says I'm depressed and suicidal but I don't desever to be depressed and I'm not suicidal becouse I talk myself out of it by either reading the aftermath of a suicide or I think of the future.
My favorite color is purple and I express myself through my piercings and tattoos. Many people assume I'm straight but I'm not, I'm gay and not very proud of it either. I have nothing against gay people, it's just me.

"Nina let's go!" Giena hollors snapping me out of my silent autobiography . I grab my black bag that is paint splattered with a bright yellow smiley face and follow her to her car so she can drive me to school.

Giena is my sister. I have two older brothers and a younger one. The two eldest, Alstar and Liam, are twins and are 22, Geina is 19, as I said I'm 18 and the youngest is Jake at only 15. He stayed at his friend, Jeren's, house last night so that is why he wasn't there this morning.

"Alright as soon as you leave lala land you might want to get out of the car and walk into the school." Giena says chuckling at me.
"I wasn't in lala land I was just thinking about something." I say as I get out and follow her to the building.
"You shouldn't call your girlfriend a thing."
"She's not my girlfriend she's my friend, my best friend." But I do have a massive crush on her. I also know it will never happen so I don't do anything about it.
"Yeah becouse you are to chicken to ask her out."
"She's as straight as a lamp post."
"Some lamp posts are bent. Have you seen the ones with the little curly thing on top? Anyways I won't be home tonight because of cheer practice." She says before leaving to go talk to her boyfriend. Well looks like I'm on my own again, might as well go find my so called friends.