Chapter 2

BEATRICE

2.

           I'm running,faster than ive ever ran before, the burning in my muscles. the sensation to collapse. There is an army chasing me. with guns. ive never ran faster. then I fall. fall so hard on my face ihear my nose crack. they surround me. then they all get knifes out and start stabbing my arms and legs and its like I'm glued to the ground.

I jolt awake with wet cheeks and I break into an cold sweat. its 10:00...I gotta get up,I get out of bed,brush out my hair, get dressed in my usual: gray slacks, and a gray bottun up shirt,and gray sneakers.

I walk down the stairs and head into the kitchen, I pop a few peices of toast into the toaster and grab the butter out of the fridge. While i wait for my toast to be done I grab the new erudite paper off of the table, i decide to read it. just the same old made up stuff: how terrible Abnegation people are. that we keepthe extra food for ourselves instead of the factionless. they are so dumb. as I remember Abnegation is the nice faction. not- POP! i practically throw the paper across the room and jump out of my chair! stupid toaster. I go over, take the toast out of the toaster and spread my butter on it a little too enuthsiastic, I'm kinda excited to be an 'Official Abnegation Member' as they say. I put my toast on a plate and sit down at the table and check the time, its 11:18! crape gotta be at the station by 10:05! I shove the toast in my mouth and walk out the door.

I get to the bus stop at 10:04! I stand there and wait for the bus, about 30 seconds later I see Susan running down the street with a peice of toast in hand,she gets to me and mumbles,

"stupid alarm clock"

I just laugh and we wait for the bus, about five minutes later the bus comes up and screeches to a stop, we tell the driver we need to go to abnegation compound,he nods and we drive off.

When we get there we are immidiatley greeted by Rose "Welcome back guys! follow me to the rest of us." she says. and we do.

When we get there we end up in the factionless warehouse: A big warehouse with extra food,clothes, and suplies.

"Okay, so today we are just gonna organize all of the food, and clothes by size, color, and brand. Get started." Rose says. Me and susan sort and stack, and clean untill 6:30. At around 6:45 we get dismissed,

"Wanna walk home together?" i ask Susan,

"I would,but i have to go pick up the new clothes, you know, its the sixth month."

"Okay my mother already got ours, bye Susan!" i say waving, and walking torward my bag,

"Bye Bea!" she says and waves. I grab my bag sling it over my shoulder. While I walk out of the building I take out my forms I have to fill out for initiation. I figured I might as well read it now while I have time. I wont have time when I get home because ill have to make dinner and clean up. While I. walking I bump into someone and the win takes the papers from my grasp, I look at the man I bumped into and I immediatley apologize.

"Im so so sorry!" i say, he laughs a quiet short laugh,

"Its alright, ill help you get your papers." he says.

"No. its okay!i got it." i say reaching down to grab the paper same time as him and we bump our heads,

"Ow!" i say,

"Sorry" he says shyly, he picks up the papers and hands them to me,

"Here you go." he says handing them to me,

"Thankyou." i say slightly embaressed,

"No problem" we just stand there and look at each other for a few minutes while i take in his features: Tall,Dark brown hair, almost black, and ocean blue are also quiet a few scars on his right .It almost loooks as if someone-or something-clawed at his arm."um...Well i- i should get going, thank you again for helping me."i say snapping out of my daze.

"Uh-yeah,i got to go also,Good bye!" he says waving and walking down the sidewalk,

"Goodbye!" i say waving back, i walk home and dont read the papers, i dont want to fall again, and my head still hurts. I check the mailbox, and unlock my front door, i go in put my bag in my room, put the mail on the table and start dinner. i defrost three chicken breasts, and make some peas in the pan. I set the table, when i set out the plates thats when it gets to me. There it is: Calebs empty chair. I put my hand over my mouth and try not to doesnt work, i sit in his chair and cry, i just cry and cry and did he leave? Would i be cooking dinner with him if he were here? I get up and wipe the tears from my face. I finish setting the table and i plate dinner on the plates. About five minutes later my parents come home,my dad-as usaul- sets his breif case down by the door, kisses my head and takes his seat at the dinner table, my mother thanks me and we sit at the table. We grab each others hands and say grace. After that we start to eat, there is an awkward silence untill my father speaks up,

"So how was the first day of initiation Beatrice?"He asks, i guess it was good so i reply with a small,

"Good, how was your guys day?"

"It was just fine." my mother replies

"Not so good, well for marcus anyway." he says, darn my curiosty

"Why what happened?"i ask setting down my fork to listen to my father, not even bothering to eat, im not very hungry.

"The erudite are accusing him of beating his son, Tobias, again. One erudite leader saw Tobias today, and claimed she saw a few scars on his right arm. i think that it was maybe just a shadow."he replies. Wait. The man i ran into today had scars on his right arm, could that have been Tobias Eaton?i think about this for a minute, i saw them to, they were scars, not shadows. Could he really have been beaten? no. That probly wanst even Tobias, you know. Tobias probably isnt the only guys in abnegation with scars on his right arm, right?

"Beatrice?" my father asks, snapping me out of my daze,

"Yes?"

"Have you ever met Tobias?" he asks

"No, father. Im not sure ive ever seen him sir." i answer plainly.

"Okay, just wondering." i nod,get there plates and wash the dishes, i wash the counters and go up to my room and get ready for bed.

I lay in bed. What if that was Tobias? What if Marcus really does beat him? My mind is just full of what ifs, i want to see that man again, and get his name.

A part of me wants it to be him, cause ive always wanted to know what he looked like.

But a part of me doesnt want it to be him, because if it was; then im afraid Marcus really does beat his son.

And that means: the erudite are right.

And that could mean good and bad.

Okay guys Chapter 2 is finally up! Please reveiw! I love you all! *blows kisses* have a great day everyone!

CQ: What would be in your fear landscape?

please answer the CQ in reveiws!

My answer: BUGS... I HATE BUGS

~divergentchick4~