Chaper 9

Chapter 9

Mayday Parade- The Memory

Lauren's POV:

It's been Three months. I was walking home from visiting Lifs grave-like I do every Saturday. This time it was different?I spoke to him for hours about everything;how hard life has been without him. How much he meant to me and how much I miss him. I cried as normal it's become a routine visiting him. On my walk home I decided to stop off at McDonald's get a cheese burger Lif always craved them.

It was already late by the time I came out of McDonald's. I plugged my headphones in and started walking home-the thing I love about music is that it blocks the world out and takes away the pain for a while. Simple plan Welcome To My Life started to play.

"Do you ever feel like breaking down?

Do you ever feel out of place,

Like somehow you just don't belong

And no one understands you?

Do you ever wanna run away?

Do you lock yourself in your room

With the radio on turned up so loud

That no one hears you're screaming?No, you don't know what it's like

When nothing feels all right

You don't know what it's like

To be like me

To be hurt

To feel lost

To be left out in the dark

To be kicked when you're down

To feel like you've been pushed around

To be on the edge of breaking down

And no one's there to save you

No, you don't know what it's like

Welcome to my life"

Do you ever feel like sometimes a song was written just for you? Like it's the perfect description of your feeling in that precise moment? Because that's mine. I'm broken not just mentally,physically broken. I don't think anyone can really understand what I'm going through right now. Everything reminds me of him even the colour yellow- I know I always said I hated him wearing it but now I wish he could and tease me about it.

The woods use to scare me when I was younger but now they seem to HIV me tranquility. I think I'm going crazy I kept hearing these voices telling me to wake up. Wake up from what? My nightmare life because if I could I would. A giant beam of white light began to shine on me it's probably a helicopter right?

LAUREN WAKE UP...

*beep beep beep*

What's the sound? Where am I? Whys it so light in here? Am I dead?

DOCTOR DOCTOR SHES AWAKE! Who's awake?

Lauren I need you to stay with us ok don't go to bed m. Ok I replied unsurely.

The man who was telling me to stay awake I assume a doctor of some sort came in my room later on that day when I was more "stable" wtf is this bullshit? Why wouldn't I be stable did I pass out in the woods or something?

"Lauren, I need you to listen you've been inna coma for Three and a half months. You were hit by a car when you were out with some friends. If you have any questions please ask now"

"A coma how? What have I missed? Where is everyone?"I asked

"Yes a coma. It all happened when you were out with some friends and you walked across the road and the car didn't see you. It hit you and your friend Lif I think took you to the hospital-he's visited you every day since he's a nice boy he always holds your hand and tells you what you've missed at school. It's like a routine for him now. Your other friends visit a lot as well they say they're your girls you probably know who I'm on about. And everyone is in the cafe it's lunch time"the doctor explained

"But Lif died I was at his funeral"

"No Lauren whilst in a coma people often have realistic dreams he's alive"

This is all so much to take in. I'm thrilled-ecstatic-over the moon about this he's alive HES ACTUALLY ALIVE!

After a few minutes a figure appeared outside my room. It's the figure I've missed so very much. He was standing there. He looked the same. Chinos with a yellow football top but a jumper on top. I wouldn't change it for the world um well maybe the shirt that's horrible!

"I've missed you so much Lauren"