Part 1

No one wants to die everyone wants to live, but when it comes to that moment do we really have a choice?

My mother was the most mysterious person I knew. She was quiet and beautiful, well that’s what Seth and dad tell me anyway. I don’t remember her at all, all I kniw is that she went away for a few eeks and found was found dead in a gutter a month later. A little girl found her. The sight was not bloody, she had just collapased and was sitting in th gutter. When I turned 14 my dad told me everything. From my birth to my second birthday. She told my father before she left that I was special. I needed to be looked after till I turned 16 and 8 days. I had a job, something important. When my father told me I was special, I laughed. A rat is more special than me. But somewhere deep inside I believed what he said, everything he said. My mother was the amazing one. Her name was Scarlett.

This was two years ago. Today is the day of my 16th birthday. I forgot the prophecy, forgot everything. Today was my birthday and I for once was going to forgot my problems and live my life.

BEEEEEEEPPPPPP. I woke up to the sound of my annoying alarm and my dad walking in with my favorite breakfast. Pancakes with Peanut butter. “ Happy Birthday Chantelle” That was my full name but I tell everyone to call me Ella. “ Aw thanks dad” He leaned in for a hug and I laughed and hugged him. “I don’t mean to ruin the happy moment but where is my breakfast” I looked up and in the doorway was my brother Seth. He has black shiny hair that all my friends love, dark brown eyes and a built body. As my friends would say “He is perfect” Seth laughed and came in and said “ Happy Birthday Sis, cause its your birthday I’ll drive you to school in my car” I smiled and shooed them out while I got dressed

I decided to put on a denim skirt with a cute tank top and a matching green trench coat incase the weather changed. I wasn’t ugly but I wasn’t beautiful like my brother or mother either. I have light reddy, brown hair which is straight and long, I also had dark blue eyes. “One of a kind” My father tells me because I look nothing like the rest of my family. I’m not exactly tall but no one would call me short, I am normal weight not too big, not too skinny. I wasn’t popular but a lot of girls talked to me because of my amazing brother. Most girls pretended to be my friends, hooked up with my brother and then hated me when he dumped her because my brother had no interest for cheerleaders in short skirts and tight tops. I have never had a boyfriend but have been asked out by jocks a couple of times but I knew they just wanted to hook up in a corner and copp a feel. I do have one true friend called Hazel. She has hazel eyes and medium dark brown hair. In my opinion she is beautiful but she has very low self-esteem and thinks she is ugly. She is shy but also kind we always talk about guys, celebrities, new movies and aw moments.

I was in my brother’s awesome red Ferrari singing along to Taylor Swift. My brother was smiling us he parked the car and turned to me with something in his hand.  I laughed and asked what it is but he just placed it in my hand.  And in my hand was a necklace that reminded me of me. I had pasted the store 100 times admiring it, thinking of me wearing it. It was the same color of my eyes, bright blue with little white crystals all around it. Embodied on the back was Chantelle, my name. “OMG thank-you so much this is the best present ever!!” I had a tear in my eye as I spoke, he was the best bro ever. I loved him so much.

When I got into class everyone yelled “HAPPY BIRTHDAY” I laughed and sat down next to Hazel smiling. She smiled back and whispered “Happy Birthday” and slipped something on my desk. It was a beautiful handmade card with two best friend necklaces and a little photo book of us. She gave me the thumbs up. And I gave her a huge smile and hug. “OMG HAPPY BDAY ELLE” Squealed Britney. “Has your brother said anything about me? Cause like I want to go to the formal with like, him”. God, it was so obvious she didn’t care about by birthday. “Yeah all the time” I replied and then turned to the teacher when the homeroom bell went. “Time to get out your books, girls and boys” Mr Mackebi said boringly.

Ding, Ding, Ding. The bell went for lunchtime and Hazel and I ran out. We sat in our usual spot under the tree laughing and of course, chatting about hot guys and new gossip. Today we were focusing on Jake Mclein. He has dark black hair, perfectly tanned skin and very built. He may be dark and mysterious and always checking girls out. But he was hot, HOT. “SO who do you think he’d date out of all the girls” Hazel asked me and straight away I thought of Elise.  She was the typical bitchy blonde that you see in movies. She looked like a stick with long blonde hair and brown eyes. She and Britney were BFF’s. Britney was the same but with light brown hair and short, short shorts and super tight tops. “I think he’d date you” Hazel smiled. I laughed “Me!!” I turned to look at him and he was staring at me, like he could hear every word we were saying but he wasn’t smiling. He was just staring. I turned away whispered something to Hazel and then we looked back at him. He had disappeared.

“Bye Hazel!” I yelled as I left the school. She waved back at me and mouthed CALL ME I plugged my earphones in while I was walking. “Shake it out , shake it out, shake it out, shake it out, Oh WHOA” I humed quietly to myself. This is my fav song at the moment and dad had got me there cd yesterday when we went shopping. Suddenly I looked up and saw I was in a street I hadn’t seen before. When I was walking I must of got lost or turned down the wrong street. There was no houses just walls of vines. My memory sizzled, I had seen this before a long time ago. “Ella?” I turned around and my brother was standing there smiling. “Hey Seth, does this street ring a bell to you?” I asked thoughtfully “Yeah but for a different reason”. I turned around to look around at him again and saw something different, he looked kinda weird. Might be because of the red eyes. “Hey Seth are you okay?” I asked. He looked different and he was freaking me out. “My name is AZILL, not Seth you stupid girl” I jumped and tried to scream but no sound came out. He was suddenly next tome covering my mouth. “Where the fuck is my brother?” I tried to yell. “He has been dead for a few weeks. You see I thought he was the special one but it’s you” He whispered creepily in my ears. “And now, princess your all mine and Prince Jack’s” Then he tried to kiss me and I pushed him hard in the stomach. Suddenly he started to hiss and he let me go and disappeared. I collapsed, I didn’t release that he was making me bleed where he held me. I looked at my wrist and there was a burn with blood all over it. I was feeling dizzy. Suddenly I saw movement in the corner of my eye “Go, go away” I said weakly. “Ella?” “go away leave me alone” I tried to yell but failed. “Ella, shit are you ok?” Just before I fell into a deep sleep I saw someone that looked awfully familiar….