Part 4

2 hours later. I was in an old carriage heading to an unknown destination. Jake was tied up across from me and Seth sitting uncomfortably close next to me. I pushed his arm away but he just said “remember the deal” I looked at his waist where a gleaming knife was just waiting to come out and stab Jake if I broke my side of the deal. I didn’t trust Seth and he didn’t trust me. That’s why he had locked the doors of the carriage after I stepped in. Jake was trying to catch me eye across from me but I was trying my best to ignore him, he would probably try to tell me to run and leave him to die. But I wouldn’t do that. “Where are we going??” I asked quietly. Seth just grinned and said “Balthazar knows” I finally turned to look at Jake/Balthazar eyes and saw he did know. And he looked scared.

Suddenly we came to an abrupt stop. We had stopped at an old inn. I looked at the sky and saw it was already pretty late. We were stopping for the night. I was surprised when I saw the state of the inn. I thought we would be staying at a hotel but this inn looked like it was from the 13th century. I looked at my watch but it was broken. It was working 1 hour ago. Strange. CRASH. I looked behide me and saw Tom grabbing Balthazar ruffly by his collar and throwing him to the ground. I stepped forward but Seth gave me a look but I stepped forward anyway and helped him up. Jake was wounded badly, so I let him lean on the side of my body as he lifted himself up, while I carried the weight. I turned to look at Seth but he just looked curiously at me and Balthazar, thinking to himself.

That night, we were eating a banquet in the main room. Well, Seth and I were. Balthazar was tied up in our room unconscious. A pretty maid walked in and Seth looked interested. He started to flirt with the girl while asking for our meal. Tom be hide smiled when I turned around and winked at me. He was making sure I wouldn’t run. The maid, whose name was Sophie, hurried back to the kitchen to fetch dinner. When dinner came, Seth tried to make conversation but I just ignored him. He had killed my father and brother. I would never forgive him. I played with my food but did not eat a single bite. I wasn’t hungry. “Come on princess, talk to me” I looked up and stared into his cold black eyes and said nothing. “You know” Jake said leaning forward “If you don’t talk to me I can easily kill Balty” I immeditly stood up and said “I’m going to bed” I pushed my chair out but Tom grabbed my arm and whispered in my ear “I’ll come with you” I struggled in his tight grasp and turned to look at Seth, he was entertaining the maid. And not friendly. He was pulling her hair and not letting her go. I stepped back to help her but Tom pulled me the opposite way and I started to shout when Tom stuck a sharp needle in my arm. I fell to the ground.

I woke up to an abrupt stop. I was in the carriage once again. I looked out the window and saw a tree. A fully blossomed tree with flowers instead of leaves. I started to smile when Tom pushed me out of the carriage onto the ground. Seth also walked out with Balthazar’s hair grasped tightly in his fist. “The Trilein Tree” Balthazar whispered under his breath. I turned to look at him and saw only sorrow and disappointment in himself. I was in so much amaze of the beautiful tree when I felt someone grab my hand. I turned to look at Seth’s face and saw a smile. I then looked down to his hands and saw a knife. I began to struggle againist his grip trying ti make him let me go but he pushed the knife into my hand. I was so surprised that when he let my arm go, I didn’t run. Seth walked over to Jake and pulled up a knife and said “ What opens the portal, is a Princesses blood given by her own hand with a silver knife” I looked at Balthazar and saw him shaking his head but I couldn’t let him die. I pulled the knife to my hand and slit it. I screamed in pain when I noticed it was no normal knife. I t hurt like none could. I fell to the ground and began to scream in agony. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Seth smile, whiel holding Balthzar back from me. I relucktently put my arm to the tree and saw blood pour out onto the roots. A portal had started to form. It was just big enough to fit us but I couldn’t walk. My arm was still in agony and I was in shock. Balthazar finally broke Seths grip, and pulled me into his arms. I tried to reach for his hand but I couldn’t move. “Good, Balty bring her into the portal” Seth yelled and I felt a gust of wind from the other side. Balthazar looked down at me and pulled me closer into his chest while stepping into the portal with his eyes closed.