Chapter Eight

They begin to head towards me as I stand stiffly. Dagger gave a smirk as he got out a sword. I stand taking a singular knife in quiet.
"Come to try and join 12?" He said teasingly. "Well it's only districts one, two and four sowwy" he teased laughing. Lana turns to Dagger. "He isn't worth our time" she says. Storm hopped out from behind Dagger. "Course he is" she sneered. "Weak!" She yells tackling Lana. Rowan chuckled standing between Streak and Brute. Streak and Brute exchanged wicked smiles. A boy from four joins them narrowing his eyes at me.
     While the ones from two and three of the ones from four walk off Brute, Streak, and the male from four. Streak lunged at me and a stick a knife in his throat splitting it. I draw out my knife and throw it at the male from four and he collapsed as I yank it out. "You're gonna pay for this twelve.." Brute hissed through his teeth as he turns the knife towards my neck. Oh no this is the end I think wincing trying to inch away and pull the knife off me. Suddenly Brute's eyes widen and he falls backwards I notice a dart in his neck. "We'd survive longer with the two of us." A voice says. I recognize it as district 12s own Maysilee Donner. "Allies?" I say as she helps me up.
    Maysilee nods as we collect their weapons and supplies and head off.
I stop at the creek in the forest and fill up my flask of water and make it okay to drink. Since the three careers died and me and Maysilee teamed up it's been relatively quiet. I watch Maysilee struggle up the tree and help her hiding in the thick trees as some wild mutts were wandering. "Your so good at surviving" she whispers. I just stay silent watching from the trees as the wolf mutts pursue other victims. I hear three cannon shots in the distance and wonder who it was.
    Sitting in the tree I split our rations I layed out giving Maysilee an apple. I cut my apple up with my knife watching from above. I feel the coast is clear and climb higher up to the last possible spot for me. I then see a familiar face nearby. "H-HELP!" She screeched holding on tightly to the tree as mutts tried to kill her. I jump across to her tree pulling her up. "T-thanks Haymitch" says Lana holding her right side of her face blood dripping from her leg. "It's fine trees are safest" I tell her heading back over to mine.
   "Let's go." I tell Maysilee grabbing my backpack and heading off. "Maybe we should head to the mountain" says Maysilee. "No." I respond blocking my eyes from the sun. "It's not a mountain it's a volcano" I say keeping on.
We pick up the pace and begin to sprint. I skid to a halt at the edge of the forest turning towards the cliffs. "Haymitch where are we going?" She asks. "I want to see how far this goes the arena has to end somewhere." I respond clutching my knife. She rolls her eyes. "I highly doubt it" she says as the wind picks up. "Follow me!" I say racing to the cleft in rocks. She slipped under. "It's a tornado" she says panting. "And an electrical storm it's clear on the other side of the meadow though" she says. "We have to wait it out" I say hearing three cannons signifying three dead tributes.
     I gaze at the ceiling of the cave and lay down getting some rest in my sleeping bag. When I woke up the storm was over and it was dark. I looked up at the sky as the anthem came on with the three who died:  The male from 3 the female from 8 and Lana's face comes up with the number four beside it. "She was the best of the careers" I say hanging my head as their faces disappear forever.

Sorry this chapter is so short! This story will go until Mockingjay basically but will be split into two parts then I'm working on a story about Katniss and Peeta's kiddos :)