Chapter 9- Respect Your Elders

{Em's POV}

It was a strange sight seeing Alivia, half unconscious, being carried by Brad. Brad was wearing a short-sleeved tshirt, which showed off his muscles, but, you know, not that I noticed. Also, I wasn't entirely sure if Alivia actually was unconscious, or just couldn't be bothered to run herself.

Suddenly, Brad stopped in his paths. A translucent silver wall seemed to be surrounding the camp, barely visible.

"It's incredibly rude to leave before I give my speech." An old man stood, leaning against the wall, his tan, wrinkled face contrasting with his almost-white hair.

"The youth of today..." He muttered while pointing his walking stick at us.

"Excuse me, old man, but we have somewhere to be." I started walking towards him, but then remembered the wall. Walking into a wall would not be a dramatic exit.

"I- am..." He stopped talking for a second, as if forgetting what he was about to say. "I am not old. Barely scratching 2460!"

"If you could please lower the wall, I would be very grateful, seeing as my friend here is bleeding to death." Sofie gestured to Alivia.

"Manners, at last! Take note, you wretched youngsters."

"Yeah, I'm bleeding to death. Can we please go?" Alivia then promptly fell to the ground, unconscious again. Brad swore and tried to pick her up again.

"Language, young man! Anyway, introductions." He pulled out a microphone from his pocket, and started... well, I presume he was speaking, but it looked more like he was snogging it.

"Why isn't this working?" He tapped the microphone.

"You have to plug it in." I said, sighing.

"Thank you. Where do I plug it in?" Brad placed Alivia on the ground and then started plugging the microphone cord into some electric... thing.

"There we go! Now, where do I start? Oh, yeah, I'm Admetos, and I've enslaved all of this camp! And unless you agree to become my slaves too, you're going to be stuck here for an awful long time." He flicked his walking stick up in the air and it turned into a large, double-bladed sword.

"Bring it on." Admetos took long strides towards Sofie. She cursed as she looked around for support from her friends. Brad, having forgotten about Alivia, dropped her on the floor (yet again) and notched an arrow. Admetos began to swipe at the air with his sword, which would have looked menacing, if he hadn't been attacking a wall.

"You're wrong, Admetos. These people won't respond to you."

"Your turn to be wrong." A white symbol appeared above his head,

and then started appearing over the campers' heads, leaving only Sofie, Alivia and me without the symbol

and then started appearing over the campers' heads, leaving only Sofie, Alivia and me without the symbol. Brad, along with the other campers, dropped his weapon to the ground, and turned to face Admetos.

"That's cheating!" Sofie yelled before attempting to stab the man.

"But you haven't seen the best of their abilities yet! There's so much to see!"

"I'll pass, thanks." I said.

Admetos raised his voice.

"Attack them!"

{Yeah, we haven't written in a while. We died and had to find our way back from the Underworld, and it took a while. Apologies.}