Chapter 5- I'm Not Rapunzel

{Alivia's POV}

I hated monsters. I hated quests. I hated Greeks. I began to shake my head as I realized Sofie was a Greek- I didn't hate her. But she didn't count because they kicked her out of their camp. Didn't they? Pushing away my thoughts, I shouted at Em to stop driving as Sofie fell to the floor like a ragdoll. Running over to her, I heard her mumbling something under her breath, which was most likely a gay joke.

"Why isn't anyone laughing? I'm hilarious!" Her arm was bent backwards at a ninety degree angle, resembling an Egyptian painting, and she was laying flat on her face.

"Get in the car!" Em yelled, revving the engine. Sofie decided to ignore Em's command and continued to lay on the ground while mumbling even more gay jokes under her breath.

"I swear by the gods I'm gonna run you over if you don't move this instance." As I jumped into the car, Sofie dragged herself onto the car, dramatically trying to do a rude gesture to Em. After a few feeble attempts, she flung herself across the car seats like a strange human blanket.

"Carry on ahead for 30 minutes and then turn right." The maps from Em's phone said, in an annoyingly high pitched American accent. I flew forward in my seat, the speed knocking the breath out of me. I noticed Sofie cradling her arm to her chest as if it were a newborn baby.

"Is your arm okay?" I asked, placing a hand on her back.

"I think I might have broken it." She said in a surprisingly calm manner. I felt my eyebrows knitting together as I racked my brain for a solution.

"Alivia! You're a daughter of Apollo- heal her!" Em cried as she swerved a pothole.

"How do I do that?"

"I don't know, maybe your hair will glow or something."

"I'M NOT RAPUNZEL!"

"Turn right." Google maps ordered.

"It hasn't been 30 minutes yet though." Sofie complained.

"Turn right." The voice repeated, almost sounding impatient.

"I'm doing as it says!" Em swerved the car drastically to the right, and our screams lit up the once silent road.

A huge splash of dirty water covered us all, and water was seeping in quickly through a hole in the floor. The car had landed in a fast paced river, the car slowly drifting along with the currents. Looking out of the window, the front tyres had fallen off, and Em's door had disappeared.

"MY CAR!" Sofie shrieked, holding her head in her hands.

"EVERYBODY, STAY CALM- WE HAVE A SMALL CHANCE OF SURVIVING THIS!" Somebody, who I presumed to be Em, shouted.

"WHY ARE YOU BEING SO OPTIMISTIC?!" I yelled back.

"I'M TRYING SOMETHING!" She exclaimed while attempting to undo her seatbelt with frantic hands. Sofie lay sprawled in the back of the car, murmuring puns, and gently crying about her car. I slammed my shoulder against the window to try and crack it open, hoping that it was as easy and painless to do as people did in films. I was filled with instant regret as a sharp pain took over my whole arm, and my eyes filled with water (which wasn't just a result of the sinking car).

"You have reached your destination."

"You have reached your destination." Em slammed her phone into the car, silencing it. The water was now up to my chin, and being the tallest person present, it was very likely that Em was already drowning. The current was strong, and everything I did resembled a 7 year old's slow-mo iMovie.

"What... do we do?" Sofie gasped, out of breath, trying to avoid drinking the water. I tried replying, but before I could, the water enveloped me, sending me into a bottomless pit of darkness.