Chapter Seven: Mr. Sandman

The view turns into the Storybrooke Library and Clock Tower, the view is on the point of the side walk and lower part of the library door. A person walks by wearing a khaki coat. (The sound of the song of Mr. Sandman can be heard being played) The man in the khaki coat walks by Granny's Diner as Granny and Grumpy leave after she had closed up the diner for the night. The man walks by them and turns around and blows into his hand as gold dust is hurled into the air and causes Granny and Grumpy to yawn and get sleepy. "Pleasent dreams." Said the man. He continues to walk and passes by a magic well like the one from Andalasia. He continues to walk some more and stops in front of Gold's Pawn Shop. "Well, it looks like time has not been pleasent upon you, Rumple." Said the man who turns out to be Sandford. He smiles.

Long ago in Mist Haven, a little boy plays in the fields of wheat with his kite. He heads back to a brick house. The boy goes in. "Dad I'm Home!" Yelled the boy. "Welcome home Sandford. You have a nice day out in the field again?" Asked the father. "Yep." Said the young Sandford. The father looks at the boy and sees he's wearing the blue star necklace his mother gave him for his last birthday. "Father, when can mother come and visit?" Asked Sandford. "Oh my son you know your mother she's far too busy." Said the father. "She has a big job to do, to help others in need. But she said she will come and see you on your next birthday though, all you have to do is wish on that star necklace of yours on your next birthdy and she'll come by for that one day. Okay." Said the father. "Okay." Said Sandford as they hug. "Now I must get back to work, these precious minerals aren't going to make themselves." Said the father. The boy then runs off, up to his room and stares out it's window in wonder.

Back at Gold's Pawn Shop. Rumple walks in the room. "Well, well. It's a sure surprise seeing you here. The Philosopher's son." Said Rumple. "You still looking for the materials the last known alchemist seeked for, for years. Tell me how's that going for you by the way?" Said Rumple. "Well if you must know. I'm close but right now I'm not here to chat Rumple. You have something and I need it. Let's make a deal." Said Sandford. He poofs the magical sword he took into his hand. "Awh, Dyrnwyn, the Sword of Rhydderch Hael. A worthy trade. What is it that you want for it?" Asked Rumple. "You have something of mine. It was stolen from me years ago and then ended up with the March Hare. I had him sent here to this land during the curse but he didn't have it when I went to see him. So I knew it was sent here in your shop instead. I know you have it, I need it." Said Sandford. Rumble then makes the item in question appear in his hand. "The Nevermore Watch, one of your finest works. It allows you to rewind time up to a day but in reality a day with this watch is meer hours on the outside of it's magic ability." Said Rumple. The two exchange items. "It's been a great time but I must leave. I have a lot to do still." Said Sandford. He begins to leave when Rumple says "I'm sorry my mother cursed you, she was never really good with children."

Years ago in Mist Haven. Now eighteen, Sandford visits his father's house, after his father the Philosopher had passed. Going through his father's stuff, Sandford finds his journal and sees the material to make the Philosopher's Stone that his father searched for, for years and tried to create. He puts it in his bag and leaves the house. Sandford thinks about how he wish he could makes dreams come true like his father's and maybe then his father wouldn't have been ridiculed for years for the stone he sought to make and his work. "And maybe you would still be here today father." Said Sandford. He then sees a shooting star and makes a wish. Suddenly he looks up and sees a strange star fall and lands right near him. The star turns out to be a fairy. "I heard your wish." Said the fairy. As she looks upon the boy and notices his blue star necklace. She smiles. "You're a fairy? but you're wearing all black? Aren't fairies suppose to be like all colorful?" Asked Sandford. "Well I'm the Black Fairy and don't worry you don't have to be afraid of me. I'm here to grant your wish. Don't you want me to grant it? To be able to makes others dreams come true?" Asked the Black Fairy. "You can really do that?" Asked Sandford. "Of course and it wont cost you anything. Just to know your well being is enough for me." Said the Black Fairy as she smiles. "Okay, I wish I can make dreams come true." Said Sandford. The Black Fairy whisps her hand and his clothes are transformed into gold and black clothing. Even his appears has changed a bit. "There, now you can make dreams come true. It will take sometime though for you to know how to use your magic abilities though." Said the Black Fairy. Happy and surprised, Sandford responds with "Thank you, he runs off towards his house in the distant with his father bag with his journal. Excited and happy. "No, thank you." Said the Black Fairy as she smiles and begins to walk away.