Us

Lucy's POV

There I said it!

There is no turning back!

He was surprised when I said those words.

He looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language.

He can't figure out what to say.

I held his jacket closer.

"I talked with your father and he seemed to worry a lot about work and about you. I know that he is not doing well that's why, I have decided not to make his burden heavier. I will only agree to this whole marriage thing until your father gets well. Once your father officially declared you as the President of Shon hotel, then, we can file a divorce."

I studied his reaction.

"So, you are okay with that?" he asked.

Of course. I am not okay with that. I don't have any other options. When I saw your father earlier, the image of my Dad crossed my mind. I don't want to see a parent having difficulties.

"I am OK with it. It's only for a few months or so."

His hands were on his pockets. He looked away.

"I apologize for all of these things. But, our parents had this decision even before we were born. But, hearing you say that makes me feel at ease."

I always wonder why I am so stubborn of marrying this man.

I mean, if I knew him longer, may be, I will fall for him.

His kind. Cool. Laid back.

And....

He is...

Handsome!

There I said it!

If we were in a relationship and he proposes to me, I will say yes right away.

But, this is different from that.

We just met yesterday.

And now, we are getting married!!

"Let's endure this for a couple of months and then, like what you said, we can file a divorce."

When he mentioned the word divorce, I felt unsure with my own idea.

It weighs heavier when he uttered that word.

I nod.

He smiled and lightly pulled me closer to him.

"Let's go inside. It's freezing cold in here."

The sudden closeness with him made my heart beat tripled.

I was hoping that this loud beating will stop because I feared he might heard how it beats whenever he is closed by.

************************************
Lucy's POV

"I'm glad this ended so well. I am just so excited that I can't wait to see you darling in a white wedding dress."

My mother kissed my cheeks several times. She was so happy when I told her about it.

"Mom, you're embarrassing me."

She looked at me and cupped my face.
"I know I was a bit harshed on what I did yesterday but all of this has a meaning. One day, you'll find it out."

That was the same thought that father said earlier.

I wonder what was it.

"Thanks Mom."