27: Tetris in the Beach

Rhys

"You guys are so quiet."

I put a spoonful of yogurt in my mouth and avoid their eyes. Alec doesn't, though. He keeps on watching me, it's annoying. My skin prickles and any more second that I'm here, old Rhys will finally show herself.

"Did you guys had a love quarrel or something?"

Alec freezes mid-sip on his coffee before he walks away. I try to ignore the flashbacks of last night, especially the tattoos on his muscular back, which are now hidden under his shirt. "Or something," he mutters.

I swallow the yogurt and finally look at Cyprus who's staring at me with an evil glint in his eyes. I raise a brow. "Anything I say will be used against me, so why talk?"

He snickers. "Yup. Love quarrel."

"See."

"You're not talking when he was here. Now that he's not, you're coming at me like I killed your dog."

I grit my teeth. "That's blasphemy, asshole. You don't talk like that to a dog owner."

"Love quarrel," he sings.

"I thought you hate us together. Why push it now?"

"Not pushing anything, just stating facts."

I roll my eyes for the nth time and walk to the sink to wash my plate. Alec is on the pool, playing catch with Tripper. I  focus on what I'm doing to hopefully ignore the sudden avalanche that is my heart.

Last night had put the huge wall back between us. But this time, it's not built of hatred and pre-judgment. It's built of something we are forbidden to explore. Maybe it's because of my need to invalidate Cyprus' impression on me, or the rest of the world. Or the fact that Alec is technically my boss.

Either way, I'm not looking to involve myself in something complicated. Not that I'm not there yet.

Funny how a month ago, I'm just hating him and worrying about my projects. Now I'm actually thinking about getting into a relationship with him and conceptualizing their album art.

Time really flies by fast.

The glass door slides open in a swoosh and Alec and Tripper walk back inside. I carefully place my spoon and plate on the drainer and dry my hands.

My eyes connect with Alec's as I turn around. "We'll be in the recording studio. You wanna come?"

"No. " I blush. "No, I mean I have to do some artworks in my room. So... yeah, no, I guess."

Oh, my god. Tetris Posziel doesn't stutter. Who's this pathetic bitch?

Alec nods but his eyes hint an impending smile. I look away. "Okay."

Cyprus seems to like being an attention-seeker, "Good lord, this is fucking cringey. I'm out of here."

Alec chuckles, before petting Tripper's head. "All right. If you need anything, we are in the basement."