Chapter 3

Arrowpaw stared at him. "T...hanks." She stammered, knowing she shouldn't make this a bigger deal than it already was.

"Come one lovebirds." Snapped Seedstrike, already marching back into the forest. "Time to head back to camp."

Arrowpaw fluffed her tail indignantly. Lovebirds?! Hmph. She strode until the woods after him but Mothpaw matched her pawstep for pawstep. With Creekstep bringing up the rear, the two apprentices felt as if they had no room to talk.

"You did good today Arrowpaw." Her mentor meowed from behind, breaking the silence.

"Yes." Seedstrike agreed, waving his tail in Mothpaw's face. However, the silence endured the rest of the way back to camp.

Moonclan warriors were eating prey as the sun drifted down from the sky, and Arrowpaw noticed that the prey she had caught earlier was gone. Buckpaw, Stormpaw, and Acornpaw were sharing a rabbit close by while the littermates Foxclaw and Heathergaze ate in the corner. By the warriors den, Sagenose and Sunstrike shared tongues, and Arrowpaw was almost sure that they would be expecting kits soon.

"You know Arrowpaw..." Mothpaw meowed mischievously, plucking a starling from the pile. "This it too big to eat all by myself."

Arrowpaw smiled. "I think you're implying that we share?"

"Yep!"

Arrowpaw bent down and bit into the bird, this was her first taste of starling in her whole life, the feathers stuck to the top of her mouth like glue. However, the juicy meat of the starling was delicious, and Arrowpaw wanted more and more.

"Slow down! You're going to have to let me have some!" Mothpaw exclaimed.

"Sorry." Arrowpaw mumbled, shuffling her paws.

"No problem sweet-heart!" He purred, licking his lips. "I'm not too hungry anyways."

The gray and black she-cat nodded and licked up the rest of the starling, feelings it's sooty feathers tickling her jaws.

As the sun was dipping below the sky, the apprentices headed back to their dens.

"Hang on." Mothpaw meowed, "You have a feather on your head." He bent down and scraped his tongue over her forehead. Her fur tingled along the arrow shaped marking she had on her forehead. They looked into each other's eyes, sharing a deep moment of understanding. Finally, Mothpaw broke it. "Come one, its late. We need to go to bed."

Arrowpaw nodded and slumped into her nest, feeling embarrassed, Mothpaw was probably just being nice to her because he felt sorry for her! Extending her claws, Arrowpaw felt herself descend into sleep.

---

The apprentice awoke to a commotion outside. Glancing around the den, she saw that Mothpaw and Acronpaw were already outside. Hurrying out of the den, she found Creekstep towards the back of the hubbub.

"What's going on?" She meowed to him.

"Fernleaf came back from the Starshrine. She says she has a prophecy."

Arrowpaw gasped, staring at the pretty medicine cat with awe, soon, without another word to any other cat, she had ducked into Novastar's den.

Soon, the silver leader was atop the highbirch calling a clan meeting, Mothpaw sat beside her and Buckpaw. "Hey sweet cheeks." Arrowpaw felt her whole body growing hot at his words.

"Cats if Moonclan." Novastar began. "I have word from Fernleaf of a prophecy:

When the moon drifts across the sun, you must find the light to prevent the darkness that occurs."

I apologize that not much has happened yet on this, I promise it will get more exciting as I write more!