chapter one

The streets were busy yet again, I sat there in the corner watching the people pass by me.

Some ignored me and some gave me disgusted looks.
In case you haven't noticed, I'm an orphan.
It happened 5 years ago.

I have survived a fire accident, which kill my parents and my siblings and was left to the care of my aunt. She was alcoholic and quite abusive, but I manage to survive.

And now I'm 18 living in the streets of scottburgh its actually a small town.

"Hey whore care to dance for us?" said a drunk man and together his friends laughs at what he said. He has 4 missing tooth, a messy beard and a large belly.

"I'm no whore" i said through gritted teeth.

"What did you say" he said clearly angry, and grabbed my jaw tightly causing me to yelp in pain.

Ghad his breath stinks and it reeks of alcohol.

"I dare you to say that again slut"

"I am no slut nor whore" then I spat on his face.

He was angry I'm sure of it, until I felt a stinging sensation on my left cheek.

I looked at him wide eye.

But he just laughs along with his friends who thinks its the funniest thing on earth.

"You deserve it bitch"

Then he suddenly kicked me in the stomach, causing me to groan in pain.
His friends joined him clearly enjoying my pain.

One man kicked me so hard in my chest that I swear my ribs cracked, causing for my whole body to burn, a kick followed on my stomach which made me cough blood.

It feels like the world is spinning, and my surroundings became blurry.
Until I heard a whistle.

"Hey what's going on in there?"

A man in a uniform said, I guess its the sheriff, then the fat man with his friends ran away.

"Hey are you okay?" the man in a uniform asked.

But instead I coughed blood, and there was a painful pounding in my head.
I looked at the man as he says things that I couldn't hear as black spots covered my vision.

And the last thing I remembered was me being carried, as the darkness consumed me.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I heard hushed whispers but I can't catch a word being said.

As I slowly opened my eyes I was greeted with bright lights which caused me to shut them quickly, but opened them again for me to get adjusted.

Checking my surroundings I first noticed the ceiling, it was white but I never had a white ceiling. Panic  set through me I tried to get up but failed as pain shot up to my body causing me to groan in pain.

"Hey easy there" a voice beside me said.

"Who are you?" I ask but it came out hoarse.

How come I haven't noticed him there?

"Do you want water?"

I nodded talking was painful it was like being scrubbed with sandpaper.

"To answer your question, I was the man who rescued you"

"I don't need anyone's help" I said while avoiding my gaze.

"Of course you do, you wonder around the streets unsupervised. So whether you like it or not your staying here until we find a place for you." he said firmly