Chapter 1

"Aww, yes!" Michael screamed, pumping his fists into the air, and standing up in victory. "It took nearly 80 tries, but we did it!"
Jeremy chuckled as his friend continued to celebrate their victory. It was adorable how excited he was getting over this game. N-not in a gay way, but.... Yeah, it was adorable. To be fair though, they'd been on level nine forever. Jeremy was excited himself, as he smiled widely and fell back into his beanbag chair, pumping his fists. After Michael's celebration, he fell back into his own chair, and sighed.
  "How long have we been on that level again?" Michael asked jokingly. "Two weeks, right?"
  "And how long do you think the next level'll take us?" Jeremy joked. Right after he said that, he watched all joy drain from Michael's face, as expression turned to shock. Jeremy laughed, and leaned back into the seat. Michael had the best reactions to everything. Even if it was fear on him, Jeremy couldn't help but smile. Everything he did, if not hilarious or adorable, was just outright perfect. Michael leaned back into his seat, and sighed.
  "I don't wanna think about that." He pouted. "Change the subject."
  Jeremy chuckled.
  "Your 17th is tomorrow. June first." Michael sighed.
  "Change it again."
  "Why? What's wrong with doing the tattoo?"
  "I just don't wanna deal with that responsibility. I just don't know if I wanna find a boyfriend yet."
  "Michael, I don't wanna sound like your parents, but you're gonna be 17. You gotta man up!" Jeremy playfully punched him on the shoulder.
  "Jeremy, you're gonna be 17 soon, and you haven't talked to your crush since 7th grade. You have no room to talk." Michael teased. The two chuckled slightly.
  "But seriously, what're you gonna put for your tattoo?"
  Michael sighed, and sat up. He rolled up his sleeve, and pointed at his wrist, up near his elbow.
  "I was thinking I'd put a Pacman right there." Jeremy chuckled.
  "What if your soulmate doesn't like old school games?" Jeremy asked teasingly.
  "Then I won't date 'em." Michael joked. The two chuckled.
  "Well, to change the subject, you excited for pride?" Jeremy asked. Michael's face lit up, and he sat upright in the chair.
  "Yeah! You're gonna come with me, right?"
  "Of course, but don't go posting that shit. I've already got a pretty bad rep at school, imagine me being publicly bi..."
  "Really? Rich and Jake are both bi, and they're even a cutesy couple! I don't see anyone judging them." Michael protested. Jeremy sighed in response.
  "Yeah, okay. I just don't want the school to know. At least not yet. You'd understand, right?"
Michael smiled lightly.
  "Okay, I get it. But you're still coming?"
  "Of course! I don't want you to have to go alone, and it could be fun!" He smiled widely at Michael, trying to show off that he was actually looking forward to the festival, and wasn't just being dragged. Michael chuckled slightly.
  "Thanks..."
  After a moment of silence, Michael grabbed his controller.
  "Anyways, you ready to start level 10?" He asked. Jeremy smiled and nodded, picking up his controller.
  "Yeah!"
Michael started the level, and they both died almost immediately. And thus, they were sent down another spiral of zombie slaying, and two player platforming.

             ~~a few hours later~~

  Before falling asleep, Jeremy picked up his phone to text Michael.

  Hey Michael, don't do your tattoo until after school. I really wanna be there for it.

  It took just a minute or two before he got a response.

  Yeah, sure. I don't see why though, I'm just drawing a little Pacman on my wrist.

  It's special though! This could change your life, I wanna be there to see it.

  Okay, I guess. I'll wait for you.

  Thanks Michael. : )

  I'm gonna sleep, g'night.

  Night, see you tomorrow.

  See ya!

Jeremy set his phone on his night stand, and laid down in his bed. Tomorrow was gonna be really eventful, with his first pride festival, Michael's 17th birthday, so much would be going on, and he couldn't wait.
~~~~~

Hey! Sorry, short chapter. But it's only the first chapter, so it shouldn't be too long, I guess. By the way, this book was inspired by Peachy_Lams' book, "The Turtle." Go check it out, it's a pretty cool book, and they're a pretty cool person!