Chapter 6 & Epilogue

Within the next few weeks, as Dipper and Wendy got used to and then discarded their arm slings and Dipper's recovery boot, Mr. and Mrs. Pines visited town for a few days to make sure that both the twins were ok after the truck accident.

"We're fine, guys, honestly." Dipper chuckled as he rubbed his arm while the family shared lunch one day.

"I was just shaken up at the time," Mabel started, "But we're fine, I promise."

Mrs. Pines seemed to ease up a bit, but Mr. Pines wasn't so sure.

"Son, level with me.." Mr. Pines started before Dipper cut him off.

"Dad, I'm upset about the truck," Dipper started in reply, "But like you always tell me, it did it's job - Wendy and I are alive, that was its job. We can rebuild it, or we can sell it to fund a new car. Either way, we're fine."

Mr. Pines leaned back, breathed a bit in relief and in pride at how much his son had matured in the past few years.

"Alright then." Mr. Pines stated very calmly in a tone that said the discussion was over.

"So?" Mrs. Pines started in an attempt to change the subject, "Is this the same Wendy we heard so much about the last time you two were here?"

"Yeah, yeah it is." Dipper replied trying not to blush and failing to do so.

"You guys should see them together," Mabel began, "It's like an IRL OTP."

The entire table turned to look at Mabel in bewilderment.

"In real life, one true pairing." Mabel explained, "Do you guys even go online?"

Dipper shook his head with a chuckle as their parents were still attempting to decipher Mabel's words.

"I've never been one to interfere with this part of your life, Son," Mr. Pines started as he sat up a bit in his seat, "But if this young woman makes you as happy as you've told us, and things are progressing as you and Mabel say they are - not to mention the fact she saved your lives a few times and vice versa, your mother and I would be more than honored to meet her."

"And I know that she would be more than honored to meet you guys." Dipper smiled.

As the family left Lazy Susan's, Dipper and Mabel took their parents on a brief guided tour of Gravity Falls and its residents - sparing the huge details from that epic summer. The tour led to the Corduroy Milling offices, and Dipper took the opportunity to lead the group inside.

While Mabel explained briefly explained the Corduroys and their company, Dipper saw Wendy perk up a little as the family came inside, then watched as she stepped out from behind the desk realizing it was the twins' parents.

"And this is Wendy Corduroy." Dipper announced as Mabel finished, "Wendy, this is Mom and Dad."

"It's awesome to finally meet you both." Wendy remarked as she tried to pour on a little charm, not sure how much either of the twins had told their parents about her.

"Young lady, the honor is ours." Mr. Pines replied as she shook her hand firmly.

"We've heard so much about you," Mrs. Pines started as she then shook Wendy's hand, "And we wanted to say, 'Thank you, for everything that you've done for the twins - all of it.'"

"Are you kidding?" Wendy asked with a small chuckle and a smile, "It's a privilege to know both these guys, my summer - and my life - wouldn't be nearly as exciting if I hadn't met them."

Before Mr. Pines could say something in reply, a large man stepped into the office from the back of the building.

"Wendy, how are we--? Oh..." Manly Dan trailed off as he realized who was in the store.