Chapter 5- The Bird's Date

I laid in bed not wanting to do anything. Last night in the park with Youngjae helped a lot, but I still feel regret.

I slowly closed my eyes, contemplating about everything. No solace could make me feel better until my phone ringed.

Reaching for my phone, my eyes actually lit up with slight excitement.

JB: Heyy

JY: Hello~

JB: U ready for our date? 😁

I mentally faced palm myself for forgetting. I have a date with JB today!! Looking at the time, it was 12:06.

JY: Yeah hbu?

JB: I was ready since this morning lol

JY: 😂

JY: That sounds like u

JB: I'm so excited!

JY: Haha you're so weird

JB: Aren't u excited??

JY: I am

JB: Okie just text me when u want me to pick u up

I jumped out of bed and decided to rinse off before getting ready. After a cool shower I picked my outfit. I wanted to go casual since we were going to a Carnival. A Denim jacket, white top, black pants and I'll just wear my Adidas. Oh, and as well as my glasses.

JY: U can pick me up rn if u want

JB: Ok

***

JB came to my door with a wide grin, his eyes turning into slits making his face even more cute. I couldn't help but smile back.

"Ready~?" He asked in a sing-song tone.

I nodded, as I closed my front door. He took my hand into his and we walked to the Carnival. The Carnival wasn't that far from my house and so we quickly arrived at our destination.

"Whoaa there's so much to do here." I said while walking through the entrance and saw the different booths, games and rides. "The Carnival is huge this year! I've never seen so many things going on at once."

He chuckled. "What do you want to do first?"

I looked up and gave him a confident smirk. "Roller coaster?"

"Let's go!!" And he quickly dragged me to the ride.

~🧡~

"This is a bit high.." I mumbled quietly, hoping that JB wouldn't hear me. I wouldn't lie but I kind of regret suggesting this...

JB heard me and entwined his fingers with mine. "Are you scared?"

I looked down and saw that we were very far from the ground. The cart was slowly going up the incline. It made me feel anxious.

"Not really.... I'm okay."

My breath silently hitched.

A flash of my past dream came into my mind...