2 - Assigned seats

☘ ᴀssɪɢɴᴇᴅ sᴇᴀᴛs ☘

________________________

ᴡᴇᴇᴋ ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ...

I walk lazily down the crowded halls. Yet, didn't have the most graceful sleep last night, as if no sleep at all. I had barely had anytime to get ready this morning from being up all night, on top of over sleeping. I had tried to finish all the extra homework I had gotten, including mines, the girls who approached me and some other homework shoved to me over the following days of the week.

Besides the fact not getting much sleep and having the reflection of the exorcist, I had finished all the homework given. I didn't come to school too late, so I had some time to go through my locker and to get some extra things for class. Though, it wasn't too long until the same girl from the library and a group of other girls followed behind her. She smiled graciously but arrogantly standing beside me, looking the exact direction I was. Which I had obviously known she was there, but I chose to ignore her presents and continued to put some of my school work in my bag.

Nonetheless, I knew it wasn't a good idea, judging by her facial expression as I slyly side eyed. In my surprise, she slammed my locker shut which gave her my full attention. Flipping her deep brown locks to the side she held out her hand, following with a hand on her hip. "You better have not forgotten our homework or I swear.." But before she could finish I had already had it placed in her hand and walking away the next. I'm so tired of this and how others treat me. And no matter how much I have the urge to tell the head counselor, there would be me against everyone else. Who would believe me? Who would have the generosity to believe the enemy in society's eyes? There's me against all. I hate that I think too much, I wish I could run away from life's problems. But, I couldn't let others see me...

I couldn't let them see me hurt.

I couldn't let them see me cry.

I couldn't let them see me suffer.

So, I always kept to myself. I couldn't help letting a tear fall in the emptying hallway, my thoughts had distracted me so much that I didn't hear the bell.
As I walked in my Homeroom, I could indeed see everyone's judging stares. I walked in quite late although it seemed a lesson wasn't going on. In fact, she started calling random students names and directing them to a desk. "oh, and Joy. You'll be sitting in seat #6 in the second row, in the far right."

I bowed in understandment. As I walked over to the designated seat, I had a glimpse of the light-purple pastel headed boy beside me. He smiled drastically at me for a second then, giving his attention back to the teacher. And to my right, i realized no one was seated for some reason. Did the teacher forget about the seat beside me..? Not that I actually had a problem with it. I shrugged it off yearning for her to finish the last 2 seats. Then once she was finally done, she began to speak again. Erubtedly, the telephone had rang and the whole class stayed quiet, which gave us a chance to listen to the conversation. "yes..........Mhm.........yes he is.......Of course, no problem."

She ended the amusing phone call And then no more than a minute the door had slammed open revealing the one I've been trying to avoid. "Good morning Mr.Jeon, your assigned seat is over there in that empty desk." As soon as she pointed, basically my way, our eyes locked. His eye's immediately piercing through mine. Attending this class was instant regret..

-JOYFULLYJOYFULJOYUSJ