Chapter 2 Training

On the way to the monastery Ezra and I talked bout what happened and where we might be going. Ezra lost his parents the same way I did only a few weeks earlier, I sat pondering if there was a coincidence to the tragic events.

As I sat thinking one of the monks came to Ezra and I and said,"I'm sure that you are wondering why we have taken you in. We did not want to see you kids suffer because of the inconceivable acts of the few. The members of our monastery agreed that we would take you in and train you to become the people who will stand up to these actions and give less fortunate people the justice that they deserve. We will give you the skills of masters of old in the ways of Tae Kwon Do."

As the mink finished his explanation Ezra and I looked at each other and agreed to go forth with the training because we do not want people to suffer as we have. The plane touched down on a run way and we exited to see that we were high in the mountains of Korea near an old building with monks outside carding for the building and gardens. We were taken in and shown where the training center was as well as our room, bathhouses, cafeteria, and any other place that we will need. 

We put our belongings down in our room and began to unpack as a monk said,"while living here you will wear the robes all of us do to symbolize you training." 

I began putting up photos of my family on a wall remembering them and saying in my head, stay safe wherever you are and do not worry you will be given justice of the crime commuted on you. I love you with all of my heart and being. I will never forget you. As I st in my bed !y thoughts drifted into the events that brought me here, one in particular was the odd sensation I felt when my anger and sadness all built up and I felt as if I was stronger. 

"Ez, when you parents were, you known taken, did you feel a odd sensation as if all you anger and sadness built up making you feel different, almost stronger?"

Ezra looked at me as if I read his mind and replied,"yes I did, how did you know? Wait, did you feel it too?"

"Yes I did I want to know what that was because I never have felt anything quite like it. It made me feel like more of me was complete, but also made me feel as if ere was a larger hole there then before".

Ezra looked as he was about to say something when Zeb, the monk that talked to us on the plane, said," dinner is in ten minutes. Come down to the cafeteria and we will wat together since I am you caretaker now. I will train you for the most part until specialized training is implemented. You will receive you daily chores from me and report to me when the are completed. Come on now let go eat".

Zeb gestured for us to follow him as we went through a a meditation garden to the cafeteria and I saw the monks sitting in complete silences I wondered why the were there. We arrived at the cafeteria to see sow. Monks being stone counters with large cast iron pots. We all grab a bowl made of the same material as the pots as they are filled with rice, vegetables, and chicken. We all got through the line and sat at a table eating in mostly science the whole time, Zeb tried to spark conversation a few times but to no avail. After we were done eating we returned to Ezra and Is quarter's. Zeb told us that we had curfew in a few hours, we sat on our beds talking getting to know each other. As we talked for hours I began to feel my eye lids grow heavy and yawns became more frequent. I lay down in my bed being thankful that these monks took me in after the tragic event that unfolded. I felt happy and safe I I fell I to sleeps safe, familiar arms.