Chapter 3 Training (pt.2)

Ezra and I woke up the next morning from Zeb waking us up at some early time in the morning be fore the sun was up. He told us to get ready as to day was to be the day training begun. We got dressed in our robes and went to go get breakfast, then proceeded to Zeb for our directions and chores of the day.

"Follow me to training, today there will be no chores only many hours of grueling training. Today is about learning what drives you and what you limits and breaking points are. Be prepared there will he many a days like this to come in you days of training", zeb directed.

Ezra and I looked at each other in looks of worry and agreement to not go back on our word, to stay with each other no matter what was to come. We followed Zeb in to a room that looked like a gym only for the souls willing or forced to be put through a course of pure cruelty. This was the first step of justice in the crime committed on ourselves and damn if won't finish. Zeb took us around and told is what each station was, some strength other endurance of the body in many terms other were designed to test the will of the participant or in other cases victim.

I looked around then at myself and though no matter the price I don't care what was and will happen to me, the only thing that matters is that I work my ass off to achieve my goal. I was to never give up or leave any soul I meet unsaved.

10 hours later

Ezra and I walk into our too feeling like we were beaten within an inch of our lives. My body burned and ached as I walk and breath, never in my life have I been so exhausted the pure physical exhaustion was intolerable.

I look at Ezra and say,"why did they have us do that?"

"I guess that they wanted to see what we were capable of. Maybe to gauge how we will train or be trained. All I know is that I will never leave you behind and never abandon you. That is a promise that I intend to keep until the day that I die", Ezra looked at me and smiled the most genuine smile I have ever seen.

I look back at Ezra and say," I swears to up hold the same promise until the day I die. If I ever break it God unleash hell upon me." I close eyes and fall ever so quickly into the deepest sleep imaginable.

Next morning(sorry about all of the times jumps 😬)

We woke up more sore than ever. I get dressed and head down stairs to see Zeb and other of the elder monks gathered in the cafeteria. We walk in and Zeb motions for us to sit down. We sat down and looked at each other then back at the other monks gather with a look of confusion and worry.

"I am sure you are wondering why you are there in the presence of the elder monks. We adjourned this morning to discuss the results of the various test and we have come to a conclusion. You are to be placed in advanced training because of impressive learning and adaptive capabilities as well as extraordinary physical capacity. You will start your training in a few hours and change into these robes to signify you training placement. Congratulations students on you placement."

Ezra and I looked at each other in complete shock and gladly took the robes. We ran to our room and chaged , but also took time to relax before the real training was to begin. The path of my destiny was now beginning to be set by fate and wy actions to come.