Chapter 7

(25) Confrontation

When Yong Soo opened the door, he was met with two fuming orbs. Lukas pushed past him and stepped into the apartment, his hair tousled and his cheeks beet red. When he caught sight of the weed the boys were smoking and the porn they were watching, his annoyance turned into rage. Emil followed behind his brother and tried to calm him before he started to vent his fury on anyone.

'Woah, dude, what the hell are you doing here?' Alfred spoke first. He stood up, still holding the weed. He deliberately blew the smoke onto Lukas's face, causing the Norwegian to clench his fists.

'And what do you think you guys are doing?' growled Lukas. He never really liked this bunch of delinquents. They had enough adverse impacts on his little brother's personal growth and now knowing that they were holding Leon captive simply drove him crazy.

'That's none of your business,' argued Gilbert, who used to hang out with Mathias a lot and drag him to the club. Lukas once considered Gilbert stealing Mathias away and he confirmed his speculation when one night, he saw Mathias making out with both Gilbert and Alfred in a local pub. The confrontation didn't end pretty. Alfred returned with a pair of broken glasses. Gilbert ended with a nosebleed and Lukas had a bruised fist. Mathias had a swollen bump on his forehead. He kept chasing Lukas, from streets to alleyways but Lukas was utterly fed up with him. They went back to being friends a week later.

'Where're you keeping him?' interrogated Lukas. He strode into the room. Yong Soo blocked him with his arms.

'Step back,' said the boy. 'This is my apartment. I can say you're trespassing!'

'Go on,' said Lukas nonchalantly. He took a large step forward and leant close to Yong Soo before pulling his curl brutally. 'And I'm gonna report your weeds.'

'Ouch!' cried Yong Soo as his curl almost came off from his head. Large tears brimmed his eyes.

'You speak again and I'll make sure that you'll lose that cute curl forever.' Lukas made sure he raised his tone and smirked at the whining Korean.

'Hey, that's enough!' Alfred pulled Yong Soo behind him and frowned. 'Are you picking a fight?'

'No!' justified Emil immediately. He nudged Lukas and asked him to calm down. Lukas glared at the rest of the boys and asked one last time in his low, irritated voice. 'Where is Leon?'

'He's out!' cried Yong Soo, flailing his arms like a kid. 'If you don't believe us, you can search. We're not hiding him!'

Lukas hurried past him and darted into every single room in the apartment. He kicked open the door and searched every corner. Surely, Leon was nowhere to be found.

'Where did he go?' asked Emil nervously.

'To the store, probably,' answered Gilbert and he turned to Lukas with a grim stare. 'Stop doing whatever shit you're doing to that kid. He doesn't want to see you obviously.'

Lukas stopped and glared menacingly at Gilbert.

'Please,' sighed Emil, trying to hold back his brother. 'We're not looking for trouble. We just wanna know where he is.'

'Look elsewhere,' said Yong Soo, hands on his hips. 'Because even if he's here, we won't hand him over to you.'

Emil had to stop Lukas from raising his fist. He gave Emil a look that asked 'Why do you even hang out with these impetuous guys?'

Emil spent hours persuading Lukas to keep things in harmony, but his possessive and jealous nature forbade him to do so. Lukas would fight, hurt or even kill to save what he treasured.