Day Three

Trilby's POV

I looked at him, "Jim?" Jim stood by the door looking concerned, "Sorry, Mr. Trilby...you wanted me to wake you?" I felt confused for a moment, "Did I?" Jim looked towards the door, then at me, "You remember yesterday? You told me about AJ, then said you were going to look into the house. Then you asked me to wake you this morning so you could get started." My confusion faded, "Yes, I remember. Thank you, Jim." Jim opened the door and called, "Anytime." over his shoulder before leaving the room.

I left the room. My first priority was to find (Y/n). After that nightmare, I was still shaken. I headed into the dining room and saw Phillip looking at some papers with (Y/n). Something about this bothered me. I shook it off and cleared my throat, "Good morning." (Y/n) looked up and smiled, "Good morning. How did you sleep?" I paused for a moment, "Fine. What about you?" She hesitated before answering, "Just fine." I sighed as she stood, "Can we talk?" I followed her out and into the front room, "What is it?" She looked at me, "Did you have a nightmare too?" I nodded, "Yeah."

She stood silently and I just looked at her. She was prettier than most women I've encountered. I pushed my thoughts away and looked away. I'm not one for love. Never have been and I never will. I was snapped out of my thoughts, "Can you tell me what it was about?" She frowned, "Well, there was a huge man with a welding mask. He had killed you, Phillip, and Jim. He took off the mask and-" I cut her off, "He looked a lot like you, (Y/n)?" She shook her head, "No. It looked a lot like YOU." I sighed.

"This is getting very unsettling." I grabbed her hand and felt her trembling, "I think it's best if we stick together. It wouldn't be good for you to be alone in your current state." She sighed, "I think that's for the best too..." I grabbed her hand and we headed up the stairs, "Come on. We should start looking into the house."

We headed into the kitchen and outside into the backyard. Jim stood outside looking at something. My car. My hair stood on end, "What's this?" Jim turned towards us, "I just found it out here like this. Do you know whose it is?" I walked towards the car, "Yeah. It's mine." Jim looked questionably at me, "Did you bring it in here last night, or something?" I sighed, "Of course not. It was in the front yard, and there's no way into the front yard." Jim thought for a moment before speaking, "Maybe somRome's trying to help us."

I shrugged, "Maybe." He looked over at (Y/n), then at the car, "I'll go and find the others and let them know about it." I saw (Y/n) walk up to the car, "Sure." Jim walked inside quietly, closing the door behind himself. I followed (Y/n) to the car and opened the door, "Great! Our lockpicks are here. They must have fallen out of our pockets while we were getting out of the car." I turned to her, slipping one in my tie, "Here, I'll hide an emergency pick in the lining of my tie and you hide yours in the lining of your shirt collar, like we usually do."

I headed back inside and up the steps to the landing. She silently followed. I passed the library and stood in front of the door that, presumably, led to the master bedroom. I turned to her, "Think you can open it?" She smirked, "What kind of thief would I be if I couldn't pick a lock?" Not even a minute passed before I heard the click of the door.

I opened it and let (Y/n) in first before following after. The room was red. From the walls to the bedding, it was all red. I dug around in the drawers and wardrobe while (Y/n) searched the rest of the room. After awhile of searching I found an old diary that must have belonged Roderick Defoe.

I pocketed it and turned to (Y/n). She was looking at what seemed to be bloody scratches underneath the windowsill. She turned to me, "It looks like these weren't made by human fingernails..."

I went to the window and tried to open it. Surprisingly it opened. I turned to (Y/n), "Well, what do you know, it opened. Of course, since it overlooks the back yard, this doesn't help us much." I turned towards the window again, noticing the ledge with just enough room for one person to stand on. I climbed out on to it, hearing (Y/n) from the window, "Trilby, be careful!" I looked at the tree, "Well, we need to cut this tree down. I can't get across."