Day Four

Trilby's P.O.V

I woke up in the kitchen. I was wearing a welding mask and leather apron. I was holding a machete in my right hand. In front of me was Phillip. I think he was dead. The back of his leather jacket was covered in blood. I looked around me but I was alone.

Just as I processed what happened, I was hit in the back of the head with a pipe and I passed out again.

A few hours later...

As I regained consciousness, I heard a voice whisper, "Father, why..." I was lying on the floor of the shed. I stood up. I could feel the pain in the back of my head, "Oh, god, my head..." I thought back on what happened last night, but I just couldn't remember, "What...What the hell happened last night?" I though back to the last thing I could remember, "I remember...oh god, Phillip...Did I kill Phillip?"

No matter how hard I tried to remember, I just couldn't, "I don't remember anything! Last thing I remember is putting my hand on...that idol! I've got to warn the others." I tried to open the door, "It's locked. God knows where they found the key." I tried the window but it was stuck shut. Even though it was shut, I tried to talk to anyone who might be outside the door.

"Hello? Is there anyone out there?" To my surprise, Simone answered me, "Quiet." I tried to see if I could see her through the window, "Simone? Is that you?" She gave me a short answer.

"Yes, I'm keeping guard." I was confused, "Why?" I could tell she was frightened as she yelled at me, "Shut up! You killed Phillip! Don't even try to deny it!" I questioned her, "I did?" Her voice shook, "Don't play games with me. I'm keeping guard here until the police get into the grounds. Then I'm handing you over." She went quiet after that. After contemplating, I called out to her again, "Simone?"

She called back sounding somewhat irritated, "What is it now?" Then something occurred to me and I had to ask her, "Where's Jim and (Y/n)?" She spat venomously, "Why do you want to know? So you can track them down and kill them?" I started to worry, "They could be in terrible danger." I heard her sigh, "I know. Until the police have you handcuffed, we all are." I tried to convince her, "They know that I'm innocent." Simone hit the door with her fist, "Do they? You almost hacked them to pieces with a machete. I think they'll have to take that THAT into consideration." It was time to guilt her into letting me out of here.

I told her about the blackouts, the blood, the supposed "voices", and how guilty I felt. It wasn't really all that true, but I had to get out. I asked her for one more thing, Simone...let me have my tie back..." Her voice trembled, "Your tie?" I knew she was debating with herself, "Please?"

She shoved it under the door, "Oh, to hell with it. Have it, you psycho!" I picked it up, "I'll just slip it on...and here's my emergency lockpick." I unlocked the door and stepped out. Simone was gone, "Where's Simone got to now? I've got to get her, (Y/n), and Jim to believe me about the idol..." I walked inside the house, passing Phillip's corpse. I couldn't bring myself to look at him.

The portrait behind the table had transformed into a skeleton wearing a blood stained safari suit. I checked all of the rooms in the house but i couldn't find anyone. I went into the bathroom the splash my face, "No one in here, either. Where the hell IS everyone?" Just then, Simone and (Y/n) rushed in, frightened, "Trilby!" I looked at them, "(Y/n), Simone, before you say anything-" I was cut off by Simone, "We know you didn't really kill Phillip or AJ." I blinked, "You do?"

The two of them approached me, (Y/n) seemed shaken, so Simone had to explain, "I figured you were lying to get me away from the shed. We saw him again." I looked at them, "Who?" They both exclaimed, "The killer! The guy in the welding mask!" (Y/n) went quiet again as Simone spoke, "We noticed him downstairs, but he didn't see us. And we can't find Jim anywhere..." I put my hands on their shoulders, "Simone, (Y/n), you have to listen to me. The ghost-"

I was cut off by Simone, "Oh, shut up about your ghost! This isn't a ghost, it's a regular flesh and blood psycho!" From behind her, I saw the door open and the man in a welding mask stood there, "Speak of the devil." (Y/n) and Simone ran behind me screaming, "EEEEE! Do something." I stood in front of them, putting myself between the man and them. The man began to walk towards us with the machete.

He stepped onto the bathroom mat and I pulled it out from under him. He fell and the welding mask fell off. I heard (Y/n) and Simone gasp. Simone came next to me, "Oh my god...Jim?"